Chapter 52: Rotten fish and sweaty socks

The police car sirens' sound could be heard in Cherrias Plaza, a shopping district not far from Diamond College. Several police cars were parked crosswise, blocking the road, blocking people from entering the area. Several ambulances were also seen busy handling several injured people who were lying on the stretchers.

The policemen stood at the front lines with their left hands stretched forward. The magic bracelets on their wrists glowed and a wall composed by their magic power covered the place. The magic bracelet is a device for converting a person's magic power into a magic shield that is commonly used by the police. While behind them, another troop of policemen braced in their position with their magic guns. Similar to the magic bracelet, a magic gun is a device to turn someone's magic power into magic bullets.

Unfortunately, although magic shields are effective enough to withstand the demon attacks, magic bullets are not very effective at killing demons. It takes at least about 15 bullets just to kill a rat demon. Whereas without the Holy Chain that can bind it, the police will have difficulty to shoot it because of the demon's fast movement. Therefore, in demons attack's case, the police usually only closed the area, evacuated the residents and waited for the demon hunters to arrive.

Larry, Emma and Theo had changed their clothes into demon hunter uniforms and covered their heads with hoods. Their feet stepped confidently towards the place while as soon as the people saw their uniforms, they immediately gave them a way.

'Wow, they sure look like heroes.' I stood by the alley, watching them from a distance with a cap over my head. Even though I didn't change into Damian, but I already took off my sweater and placed my bag in my college locker.

Once they arrived in front of the police, Theo showed them his demon compass and a shield disappeared to give them a way. They walked into the area and the shield re-formed behind them.

I entered an alley nearby to avoid the crowd. Since I couldn't follow them, I had to find another way. My gaze swept around me, making sure no one else was there before I returned my gaze to the building in front of me.

'Demonic Form Activated.'

-Kkraakk --- Kkraakk --- Kkraakk

Two horns appeared above my head along with a pair of bat wings growing behind my back. A tail grew behind me and slipped out of my jeans, while my eyes turned red and my face changed to Damian.

[You have activated your Demonic Form.]

[Fly has been activated.]

[All skills effectiveness + 30%.]

My feet landed on top of the building and walked to the other side as I folded my wings. My eyes swept downwards, looking for the demons' location. And dozens of demons gathered in a small public park immediately caught my attention, it was very easy for me to find them since I was on a high ground.

I watched them for a moment and their status appeared above their heads.

[Name: Shadow Imp]

[Level 6]

[HP: 169/169]

[DP: 55/55]

My heart was pounding as my mind returned to last night's incident. My eyes continued to check them one by one but I did not find any Chaos Imp or Vengeful Imp among them. I was relieved by that but then I realized their number was growing.

I remembered one more thing.

'The crack!' What that Shadow Imps did was the same as yesterday's incident, it meant that they were probably waiting for their leader. They're waiting for the Vengeful Imp to come out of the crack!