Chapter 54: Soft refusal

As soon as I left the portal, my feet walked towards my house's entrance while the portal behind me closed.

'I hope I could go to the bathroom without getting caught.' I could imagine Celia's expression if she saw me in this state. I'm sure she would laugh at me if I said I just fell into a dumpster.

I opened the door and Celia was already standing in front of it.

"Brother?" Celia turned towards me in surprise. From her clothes, it looks like she was just about to leave.

"Celia-"

But before I finished my sentence, she covered her nose and creased her brows.

"What happened to you ?! Why do you smell so bad ?!" she complained.

"I had a little accident earlier, so I need to take a shower now," I replied soberly. I just took a step but she stopped me.

"Wait! Take off your shoes."

I sighed and followed her words. I couldn't complain, because she was the one who always cleaned the house. While she took a pair of slippers and put it down in front of me.

"Just go straight to the bathroom, I will clean your shoes." Her hand did not come off her nose.

"Thank you," I said, putting on the slippers. I quite surprised she didn't laugh at me.

"Don't forget to wash your clothes in the bathroom!" she warned.

"Okay." I went into the bathroom and showered until this stink stench disappeared from me.

After changing my clothes and taking care of my dirty clothes, I walked down the stairs to the living room.

"Celia?" I called out as I swept my gaze around me, but I couldn't find her.

'Is she gone?'

A small note on the table caught my attention. I took and read it.

'I'm going to Alumore College to complete my registration. I've cleaned your shoes and sprayed shoe perfume on it. You have to be careful next time. Celia. '

My feet walked towards the door and found my shoes were clean. A smile spread across my face, I didn't expect this. Not only didn't laugh at me, but she also helped me to clear up this annoying smell.

'I think she's more mature now,' I thought as I put on my shoes. I locked the door and extended my hand to open the portal.

-----

11.35 AM, Diamond College.

I opened my locker to take my bag and check my cellphone. There was a message on my cellphone and I immediately opened it.

Diamond: Meet me at my office at 12.00 PM.

Me: Okay.

After replying to her message, I put my cellphone back into my bag. Since I still have a lot of time, I decided to go to the toilet to put on my sweater. Even though I wore a similar t-shirt as my previous one but this was clearly a different t-shirt, I needed to cover it with my sweater before someone noticed it.

I just finished putting my sweater on and was about to turn around, but Larry was already standing beside me.

" I - I can explain everything," he stammered. From his expression, I could tell he felt guilty about what happened at the Cafeteria.

"It's okay, I understand," I replied in a relaxed tone. I knew, whatever he was going to say he couldn't possibly admit he and Emma were demon hunters. Besides I didn't need any explanation from him.