Chapter one

The summer is ending, and school will start in a few days. I hate school. Thank god it is my last year because I can't take it anymore, I always felt out of place, not only am I older than the rest of the students but I also have issues with almost everyone. I am two years older, and that sucks, a twenty-year-old in high school. What a clown.

My phone rang, pulling me out of my thoughts, it's my best friend asking to meet up for coffee.

"Hey Bro wanna grab coffee?"

"Sure, my treat?"

"Yep, I'm broke"

"No problem, come pick me up in 30 minutes."

"kk"

I start getting ready. It was hot outside, so I decide to wear a t-shirt and a pair of shorts. I wore my white vans, grabbed my bag and keys, and ran outside, locking the door. She is waiting for me in the car, and we decide to go to our favorite coffee shop.

It isn't anything fancy but we like it, it serves good coffee and it isn't overpriced as most of the shops in this shitty town, it usually has nice music playing in the background and the waitress as well as the barista know our order and names. We parked the car and headed towards it.

"Sooooo, ready for school yet?" She said in a jokingly manner as we sat down, knowing damn well how much I hate school.

"Fuck off, you know I'm not."

"One more year bro and then we are free and we are getting out of this shitty place."

"I know but still a year is too long, and we don't even know if we'll end up in the same place after high school. What if we don't get into the universities we want?"

"We have time to worry about this, but for now let's enjoy our coffee and catch up with the gossip."

I don't really care about the gossip because I don't even know half of the people she is talking about, but I let her ramble about who made out with who and who broke up and all the stupid shit people our age seem to find interesting.

"Hey, are you listening to what I'm saying?" She asked me, noticing I zoned out.

"Yes bro, I always do." I lied, hoping she will let it go.

"Bullshit, then tell me what I just said."

"Something about a kiss?" I asked expecting her to hit me, because that what she does. It's our thing. She elbowed me.

"Thank you paying attention to me", she laughed, "Actually I was saying that the Pe teacher transferred to another school."

"Nooo I liked him. He never pressured us to do anything, he was super chill. So, do we know anything about the new teacher?" I whined.

"Nope, not yet."

"Shit"

We then sat in silence, the comfortable kind, until we both finished our coffee and decide to grab something to eat before going to work. She works as a secretary at a local office and I work at a clothes store. It's a shitty job that my parents pressured me to get. We ate and she walked me to my workplace because it was closer, we said our goodbyes and I got ready for my shift. 8 long hours, SHIT. It's summer which means that there a lot of tourists around. Its going to be a busy shift.

A few hours passed by, and I'm exhausted both mentally and physically. People are impossible to deal with, most of them are rude as hell and acted as if they owned me. Damn Karens. I'm going to take a 10-minute break since I still have 3 hours left. I'm the only one working, so taking a break means sitting at the register looking at my phone hoping no one walks in during those 10 minutes.