Chapter twelve

Alex's POV

My parents were okay with me going to homecoming. I wore a black turtleneck with fitted suit pants, a blazer, and black dress shoes. Charlie came to pick me up. She was wearing a pink suit with a white t-shirt underneath.

"You look so freaking hot." I told her as I got in the car.

"Thanks, you look amazing too. Ready for homecoming?"

"No, but let's go."

She pulled up the school's parking lot and we got out of the car.

"I hate these events." I whined.

"Oh, come on, Alex, stop whining. It won't be that bad."

We walked in the gym, it was packed with students, the decorations were just sad, and it smelled like sweat.

"I was wrong." Charlie said, and I chuckled. "It's depressing. Oh, look there's Jane."

Jane was a girl Charlie was digging. She was cute and gay, but Charlie was too embarrassed to go talk to her.

"She's alone. This is your chance. Go ask her to dance."

"No way."

"Come on, Charlie, what could go wrong?"

"She can say no."

"Then you'll dance with me. Now go on." I lightly pushed her, and she walked towards her. I made my way to the buffet. I filled my plate and then went and sat at a seat at the corner of the gym. I was bored.

I ate and then took my phone out. I stole a glance at Charlie, who was now dancing pressed against Jane. I let out a sigh. I wish I had someone to dance with.

"Are you okay?" A familiar voice asked. I looked up and saw Ms. Davis is looking at me with a small smile. She was wearing a plain black dress that stopped above the knee, it hugged her body perfectly and she looked extremely hot in it. Her perfume tickled my nose.

"Yes, I'm just bored."

"Are you here alone?" She asked with a frown.

"No, I was with Charlie." I said, pointing at her. She turned to look at her.

"I see." She eyed me. "Listen Alex, I'm really sorry about that day."

"Don't worry about it." I smiled.

"Are dances at this school always so boring?" I chuckled and nodded.

"Yeah, they are. I didn't want to come, but Charlie made me."

"At least you can leave anytime you want. I'm stuck here, watching teenagers dance."

"Sounds like a great Friday night." I said sarcastically, and she scrunched her nose.

"It's amazing." She rolled her eyes.

"At least they didn't put you on punch duty."

"Punch duty?"

"You basically have to sit in front of the punch all night and watch it so that no one spikes it. That's why Mr. Smith is just standing there." She turned to look at me.

"I thought he was just the buffet supervisor." I chuckled.

"That's what they call it."

"Damn, that's even worse than watching teenagers dance." I laughed, and she smiled. She looked at her watch and then at me. "I have to go, bye Alex."

"Bye Ms. Davis."

After half an hour, Charlie approached me.

"So, how did it go?" I asked even though I could tell from her smile that it went well.

"I got her number."

"That's great." I exclaimed.

"And a kiss." I squealed, and a few people turned to look at me. I got up and hugged her.

"I was right."

Charlie and I danced for a little longer, and then we decided to go home.

Ms. Davis's POV

Once I got home from school, I cooked something to eat, took a shower, and lay in bed. I decided to take a small nap since I have to be back in school in a few hours since I'm a chaperone at homecoming.

I woke up and started getting ready. I wore a plain black dress and black vans, I thought about wearing heels, but I wasn't going to ruin my feet for a high school dance. It wasn't worth it. I styled my hair in waves, took my bag, and got in my car.

I pulled up to the school's parking lot and saw Danielle standing at the entrance. She is the principal and also a family friend. She knows my parents and me.

"Hey" I said, walking up to her.

"Oh, hey, ready for tonight?" She smirked.

"Sure."

"I'm sorry, but since you are the new teacher, I had to put you on chaperoning duty. It's an unwritten rule. The new teacher gets the worst duties."

"Are you staying for the dance as well?"

"I have to." I nodded and walked away. "I love your fashion choices" She yelled, and I chuckled.

I walked into the gym and looked around. It was barely decorated. It was sad.

I talked with the rest of the teachers, and the students started gathering. I walked around, making sure everything was okay.

Some time passed, and as I was walking around, I noticed Alex sitting alone at the side of the gym. She was wearing a tight black turtleneck, fitted black suit pants, and a long black blazer. She looked hot, and I couldn't help but wonder why she was alone.

I decided to stop staring and go talk to her. To see if she's okay. I walked up to her and spoke.

I noticed her eyes traveling on my body. She was checking me out.

Once we were done talking, I had to walk around and make sure everything was okay again.

I kept thinking of her for the rest of the night. At some point, I spotted Danielle and decided to go talk to her.

"Danielle, can I ask you something?"

"Sure." She said with a smile.

"It's about a student, Alexandra Evans."

"Oh..." Her expression shifted onto something more serious.

"I've noticed some things that are concerning..."

"I know." She said.

"What do you mean you know?"

"I've noticed too, but it's complicated."

"I can try talking to her or..."

"Are you sure it's a good idea to get involved?" I looked at her. "You have a rough past. This can bring back a lot of things. Maybe you should just keep a distance."

"I'll be okay." She nodded and walked away.

I can't believe that she knew and didn't do anything to help her.

I spent the rest of the night thinking about her and how to talk to her.

*Alex's outfit in the photo above.

Athena