Chapter three

Before I knew it my alarm rang, and it was time to go to school. Great, I didn’t get any sleep.

I put on a blue hoodie, a pair of light blue chino shorts, and my white air forces. I went to the kitchen to make a cup of coffee and as I looked at my phone I saw that I only had 20 minutes to get to school. Shit, I grabbed my bag, locked the door behind me and started running.

Last thing I wanted was to be late. I forgot to text Charlie to pick me up and now I have to run under the hot sun in order to get to school on time.

I arrived just on time, the first bell rang, and I rush to my classroom before the tardy bell rings. I took my seat in the back as usual and watched as the teacher introduced herself.

I love science, so I took a lot of notes and paid attention throughout the whole lesson. As the bell rang I made my way towards the math class excited to see Charlie.

“Hey, you look like shit, what happened to you?” She asked laughing as I approached her in the hallway.

“Nothing, I just didn’t have time to drink my coffee thin morning” I answer not wanting to get into details.

“That makes sense” She laughed a bit more, while I gave her a threatening stare.

We made our way into the class and sat at the back as usual. Today’s lesson was a bit hard, and I couldn’t follow what the teacher was saying, soon I felt my eyelids getting heavy and I knew I would be falling asleep soon.

I tried to stay awake but I couldn't math are so boring.

I woke up to a hand slamming to my desk, which made me jump, I started panicking and sweat started forming to my forehead. As soon as I realized where I am I calmed down and looked up to face my angry teacher.

“Am I boring you that much Ms. Evans?”

“I-I…Uhm…N-No you are not, I just…Uhm” Shit I hate confrontation and I hate getting in trouble, I could die right here on the spot.

“No excuses, detention after school” He yelled.

I sighted and looked down at my notebook, feeling embarrassed about what just happened. Charlie didn’t talk to me until the end of the class, but I sense that she really wanted to. I don’t even want to talk about it, I want to go home and sleep. I’m already exhausted.

The bell rang and as I packed my things, I felt Charlie dragging me out of the classroom.

“Bro, are you trying to fail or something? How did you fall asleep, you’ve never done that before.” She questioned me and I could tell she was worried.

“I didn’t sleep last night and I’m really tired.” I said in an annoyed tone. I know she worries about me, but it bothers me.

“OK, jeez, don’t bite my head off. What happened that kept you up all night?”

I don’t want to tell her, but I don’t want to lie more than I already do.

“My parents were fighting and woke me up. I don’t want to talk about it.”

She nodded and we headed towards our classes.

Biology was alright and I managed to take notes and pay attention, but I was more than happy when the bell rang. Ugh lunch, then two classes, detention and then I can go home and rest.

Charlie and I met outside the cafeteria, but we decided to skip lunch and go to the library. As we got there, I start feeling a little lightheaded, but I brush it off. It’s probably from the heat and the lack of sleep.