Chapter thirty-six

We've been in the car for a little more than an hour and I was starting to get dizzy. I could feel my stomach stir up and I felt awful.

"Athena" I mumbled, and a wave of nausea hit me.

"Alex, is everything okay?" She hadn't noticed me.

"Pull over" She slowed down and stopped almost immediately. She got out of the car and rushed to my side, I closed my eyes in an attempt to stop the nausea.

"Alex, I think you should get out of the car" She said and pulled me out of the car. My stomach was still stirring and I felt a pool of saliva in my mouth, I moved away from the car, I knew I was going to puke.

"I think I'm going to puke" She put my hair on a ponytail and rubbed circles on my back. I leaned forward and gagged a little but nothing came out. "I feel awful"

"I know babe" we stood there for a while and I was still feeling sick, plus I was now tired. "I think we should go sit in the car, it's too hot out and it's not helping" She said and I nodded.

She turned the Ac on, and I sat in the car, I closed my eyes and leaned back.

"What do you want me to do?" She asked worried.

"How about you start driving again and I'll tell you if I need you to stop?"

"Sounds good" She started driving and I closed my eyes but couldn't sleep my stomach was still stirring and I felt sick. She drove for about twenty minutes before I felt like throwing up again.

"Pull over" I said and she did, I jumped out of the car, I leaned forward and started gagging, she rushed to me and started rubbing circles on my back.

I started emptying the contents of my stomach, I gasped for air and kept throwing up. I didn't stop until there was nothing left in my stomach. My throat was burning and so was my stomach.

She helped me in the car and gave me a tissue. I wiped my mouth and closed my eyes, a few tears rolled down my cheek.

"Hey baby, it's okay, don't cry."

"It hurts" I whined.

"I know it does, but it's just twenty more minutes."

"Okay" She started driving again and I kept my eyes closed, I was still feeling sick. She handed me a bag and I looked at her.

"We are entering a town and it will be difficult to stop if you get sick again" She explained, and I nodded.

I felt sick and opened the bag, I spit into it and threw up again, I couldn't keep it down no matter how hard I tried.

"Alex, I'm so sorry."

"It's fine" I said in a low voice.

After ten minutes she stopped. In front of us there was a beautiful beach house with a cute garden, it was right in front of the sea. She got out of the car and came to my side and helped me out. I gave her a weak smile.

"Do you like it?" she asked, and I nodded. "It is my parents' beach house."

"Aren't you worried they might come?" I said, my voice was raspy.

"My dad died last year, and my mum is really sick, she's been bedridden for a while."

"Oh, I'm so sorry babe" I pulled her to a hug.

"It's whatever, I cut them out of my life the minute I moved out"

"You didn't talk to him before he died?"

"I did, he said he wasn't sorry for what he did and that I shouldn't have existed, he also said that I ruined their perfectly planned lives. He called me a disappointment and a fucking dyke and he told me that the world would be a much better place if I just killed myself. He died the next day" I could see the hurt in her eyes, but she wasn't crying.