Chapter twenty-seven

I don't know for how long I've been sleeping but I opened my eyes and saw Athena looking down at me smiling, my head was on her lap, but she didn't seem to care.

"You are up."

"How long have I been sleeping?"

"One and a half hour."

"I'm sorry" I said getting up from her lap.

"It's okay, I don't mind" She said smiling.

She was so nice and so cute all I wanted to do was kiss her, I looked into her eyes and she did the same, she leaned a little forward and I did the same.

I cupped her cheek and kissed her, she didn't pull away, she kissed me back, then the realization hit me.

I was kissing my teacher. I quickly pulled away.

"I-I I'm so sorry I didn't... I don't...I don't know why I did that" I was panicking, what if she kicked me out, what if she was mad, but she can't be, she kissed me back.

I couldn't face her, I kept looking down, why did I just do that.

"You can't do that again, I refuse to be played by you the same way you play with these girls at the club" She raised her voice.

"I didn't kiss you just to mess around." I raised mine as well, defensively.

"I'm sure that's what you say to them as well" I looked at her and she was frowning, she looked mad and confused.

"No, it's not like that" I tried to defend myself.

"I don't believe you would do something like that, I opened up to you about my sexuality a few weeks ago and you took advantage of it to try and kiss me?" She put her head in her hands and I was getting angry that she thought this way about me.

"I didn't, I like you for fucks sake" She looked up. "I like you, ok? I've been into you for a while, but I was terrified to tell you." I was yelling.

"It doesn't matter, I'm your teacher and you shouldn't be feeling this way." She looked away.

"I know it's wrong but I can't help it, I tried to forget about it and ignore it but I can't, it's been over a month since I started feeling this way."

"Nothing can happen between us Alex, you are a student, it's wrong" I sighed, I knew she didn't feel the same way I did, and I also knew that she would say that.

"I'm sorry I kissed you" She didn't look at me. "Athena, please don't be mad" I begged and moved closer to her, but as I did, she jumped up from the couch.

She didn't want me near her.

I felt my heart breaking to a million pieces.

She was probably disgusted by me and hated me, one more person added to the list.

"Don't cry" She said softly and I moved my hand to my eyes, I didn't realize I was crying until she told me.

She hugged me and made me sob even harder, I wanted her to hug me, but not out of pity.

"I'm sorry, I was too harsh on you, I didn't know you were serious, I thought you just said it to justify the kiss" I couldn't calm down, the whole situation was overwhelming.

She pulled away and lifted my head up, she cupped my cheeks with both of her hands and wiped my tears away.

"I'm sorry if I hurt you, you just surprised me, I never thought you saw me that way."

"Whatever, you are right, it's wrong, plus you deserve someone better, someone who isn't as broken as me, someone who has their life together and can make you happy."

Tears kept streaming down my face as I was saying these things, I knew I wouldn't be enough for her. I closed my eyes as I tried to calm down and I felt her pulling me closer, she kissed me and I got lost on her kiss, I kissed her back as if my life depended on it. When she pulled away, I had stopped crying and I just looked at her.

"Why did you do that?" I questioned her.

"I like you too Alex, I really do but I just don't think we should act on it."

"You do?" I looked at her shocked.

"Yes, I do, you are charming, and funny and cute and not to mention a real gentleman" she chuckled, and I smiled. "Plus you are really pretty, that's why I had a hard time believing that you liked me, because I feel that you are out of my league."

"If anything, you are completely out of my league, you are smart, you have a career, a house, you are kind and caring oh and not to mention super hot and cute" I paused to breathe. She looked at me with glossy eyes and pulled me into a hug. I hugged her tightly.

"You are crushing me" She said with difficulty and I realized I had been squeezing a bit too much, I pulled away.

"I'm sorry."

"It's okay" she smiled "I think we should go to sleep, it's late."

"Can we sit here for a little longer?" I said not wanting to be alone yet.

"Ok, but not for too long, we have to decorate the house for Christmas tomorrow" I smiled and nodded.

We turned and watched TV, as we were sitting, she moved her arm behind my head and over my shoulder and she pulled me closer to her, I leaned on her chest and she played with my hair. After forty minutes she stopped, and I heard her yawn.

"We should go to sleep" I got off her and pouted. "Do you want to come lay down with me?" she asked with a smile, and I nodded, I just wanted to be close to her.

We went to the bedroom, and we laid in bed, I moved closer to her and she hugged me.

"So, are we acting on it?"

"I guess" she sighed.

"I'm irresistible."

"Maybe you are" I chuckled and closed my eyes.