Chapter fifty-eight

We woke up to the sound of her alarm clock.

“I swear to god, the fact that you set alarms while on vacation is a reason for breakup.” I groaned, and she chuckled.

“Oh, come on, Alex, we’ve been sleeping for twelve hours. It’s ten in the morning, it’s not that early. Plus, I’m excited to go around Athens.”

I pecked her lips. As we got dressed, she started telling me about all these museums and archeological sites she wanted us to go.

“They all sound amazing, babe, but tomorrow it’s your birthday. We need to do something awesome.”

“We can go up to Acropolis. It’s this place where…”

“I know what it is, Athena.” I smiled. “I’ve been reading about Greece.”

“You have?”

“Yes, I know you love Greece, and it’s a part of you, so I wanted to learn some things.”

“Have I ever told you how much I love you?”

“Only every day.”

“Well, that’s because I love you a lot.” We got dressed and took a taxi.

We visited two museums and then we went for a walk at the city center. We sat at a restaurant to eat, and Athena ordered for both of us,  in Greek. Hearing her speak another language so fluently was really hot.

The food was amazing. We got a bunch of foods and shared them, and she also got us Greek beer.

Once we were done eating, we were exhausted.

“Let’s go to the hotel, sleep, and we’ll go out again tonight.”

“Sounds good.”

We went out again at 9.3 at night. She took us to a place with many bars. We sat at one with Cuban music and cocktails. People were singing and dancing on the streets, and it was amazing. We stayed out until 3.

The next day, I woke up before Athena and picked up my outfit. I got her gift out of my suitcase and ordered breakfast. Room service knocked on our door, and I took the breakfast.

I leaned down and pecked her lips.

“My love.” I woke her up," she hummed in response.

“Baby?” She opened her eyes.

“Good morning.”

“Good morning, baby.” She sat up on the bed and stretched.

“Happy birthday.” I exclaimed and handed her a bag.

“You got me a gift?” I nodded, and she looked at it. “Baby, that’s a jewelry shop bag.” I smiled.

“I know, open it.”

“You shouldn’t have.”

“Open it.”

“Okay.” She chuckled. She took the box out of the bag and opened it. “Oh my god, Alex!” She exclaimed. “That is so pretty.”

“Do you like it?”

“I love it. It’s a Greek design. Where did you find it?”

“I researched and contacted a jewelry shop, and they held it for me. Yesterday, when I walked out of the restaurant, I met up with the owner, and he brought it over.”

“You did all this for me?”

“Of course, my love, it’s your thirtieth birthday, and since we are spending them in Greece, I wanted you to have something from here.”