Chapter twenty-three

The alarm woke me up, I opened my eyes, and once again, I saw Athena almost on top of me, I smiled at that sight. She soon woke up as well, but unlike the last time, she didn't seem shocked.

"Good morning" She smiled.

"Good morning" I said back, and she moved off my chest.

"Did I crush you?" She chuckled.

"No" I shook my head

We got up and she gave me a change of clothes, it was a pair of black jeans a white T-shirt and sweatshirt and a black jacket. I looked at the clothes and then at her.

"Don't" She warned me with a smile.

"Why does the hoodie have a huge smiley face?" I laughed.

"Because I thought it was cute when I bought it two years ago."

"Two years ago? It still has a tag on."

"That's because I realized it looked ridiculous and never wore it."

"And you thought it'd be funny to give it to me?" I joked.

"It's the only thing that's close to your size, so shut up."

"And skinny jeans? I'm starting to lose respect for you."

"You wouldn't say that if you saw me in them." She smirked and winked at me and I felt heat rising to my face, fuck I was blushing. She noticed and started laughing.

"Not so bold now, are we?"

"Shut up." I pouted which caused her to laugh even harder, big mistake because she started coughing.

"Take it easy, now let's get dressed, we'll be late for school." I went to the bathroom to change, and she stayed in her room.

I brushed my hair and when I got out she was already dressed. She was wearing black cigarette pants with a black turtleneck, a black oversized blazer, and black heels, over her turtleneck rested a golden necklace with the letter A. She had a few elegant golden rings on as well. My jaw almost dropped to the floor seeing her, she must have noticed because she chuckled.

"Do you like it?" She asked with an amused expression, and I just nodded in response "I thought so, now move I need to do my hair." She said and slightly pushed me to the side to get to the bathroom.

I snapped out of my daze and went to the kitchen. I made oatmeal for both of us and a tea with honey for her. She walked into the kitchen and sat at her usual spot, her hair were slightly curled and she looked amazing. I sat next to her, and we ate in silence.

"How are you feeling today?"

"Same as yesterday, my throat is sore still but other than that I guess I'm okay."

"Just take it easy today."

"Yep, so did you talk with your mum?" I sighed and looked down "I'll take that as a yes."

"Yes, we talked last night."

"Oh, is that why..."

"Yes" I cut her off, "Don't forget to take your medicine."

"Yes, thank you for the breakfast." she smiled. She took the syrup and a cough drop and we left. At the car she decided to bring it up again.

"So, what did she say?"

"She said she knows everything and she's okay with it, she kinda knew already. She supports me, but me dad is probably going to beat me to death if I go back this time, he doesn't want to see me ever again. She's going to keep sending me money, but they won't be enough for an apartment so I'm thinking of getting a job. She also said she wanted to talk to me but can't because of my dad. I just want her to hug me and tell me everything is going to be okay. I miss feeling understood and loved, I miss having someone there for me."

"I'm here for you and I understand what you are going through and so is Charlie, you should talk to her about it. You are not alone"

I just nodded, I knew she was right but still. As the last time, I got out of the car before we get to school so that people wouldn't question why we arrived together. I walked in the school, and I was half an hour late because Athena had to be here earlier to take care of some things. I went to Charlie's locker, and she was there.

"OMG YOU ARE HEREE" She yelled and run and hugged me. I smiled.

"I missed you too" I said.

"Are you okay? Did he hurt you?" She eyed me "Uhm, what are you wearing?" she chuckled.

"I'm fine, I left before he could touch me, and I didn't have time to take anything with me."

"Thank god, I was terrified you didn't come yesterday because he hurt you."

"No, I just didn't feel like coming and dealing with school, my life has turned to shit even more than it was before. My mum told me that if I go back home my dad will probably kill me."

"Shit, so what are you going to do now? You can't stay with Ms. Davis forever."

"How did you..."

"Bitch, you smell like peach, plus, I don't want to be mean but you don't have any other friends." She cut me off.

"You are right" I chuckled "I know I can't stay with her forever, I will get job and hopefully get a small apartment soon."

"So, is she here today?"

"Yes" I smiled widely.

"Wipe that stupid smile off your face bitch, she isn't that great." She said playfully.

"Oh, but she is, plus she's hot." Her eyes widened and I laughed.

"Don't tell me you two..."

"No" I cut her off.

"But you want to" She chuckled.

"Maybe."

"Alex, you are stupid, but you are right, that woman is hot."

"Wait until you see what she's wearing today."

"Will you walk me to my class?" She smirked.

"Sure."

She had advanced English with Athena. I walked with her, the class was empty, but Athena was there standing over her desk.

"Hi Ms. Davis" Charlie smiled

"Good morning Charlie" She smiled back and looked at me.

"Glad to have you back, the sub sucked, are you feeling better?"

"Yes, I'm much better, did he now?"

"Yes, he didn't even let us ask him questions."

"Then I have a lot to make up for" Her smile faded a little.

It was time for me to leave, otherwise I'd be late.

"I got to go, bye Charlie, bye Ms. Davis."

"Bye Alex" they both said.

I made my way towards Science, the classes were boring as always, thankfully Charlie managed to get my homework for science and biology so I wasn't lost.

During lunch I bought a sandwich from the cafeteria and we sat at a table to eat, from the corner of my eye I caught Athena walking in, she probably wanted to get something to eat.

I told Charlie about what my mum said and how my dad found out and she told me how her parents reacted, she wanted to know about my weekend with Athena but I don't know if I should tell her. I just told her that she took me in immediately and that she was sick so we didn't talk a lot.