Chapter sixteen

Alex’s POV

“You are useless” He kicked me, and I fell to the floor “It’s all your fault. You should be the one dead, not them” he said, punching me repeatedly. He got up. “One day I’ll end you” “I’ll make you regret your whole existence. You don’t deserve to be alive” he said, kicking me in the stomach a couple of times. “Please stop” I yelled, but he only kicked me harder.

“Alex, Alex, ALEX” I felt a shake.

I opened my eyes, and I was sweating and trembling. I broke down, I hate having these nightmares. They are always so real.

“It’s okay, it was just a dream, he is not here now, you are safe.” She said, pulling me into a hug. She held my head to her body, and with her other hand, she rubbed circles on my back.

“It was so real” I cried.

“I know, take deep breaths.”

I tried to calm down, but I was shaking. It really startled me. I was still in her hug. I didn’t want to let go, but I knew I had to, she needed to go back to sleep. I pulled away, and we looked at each other. I was still shaking, and she looked half asleep.

“I’m sorry for waking you up. You should go back to sleep.”

“You should try to sleep too.”

“I don’t think I can. It really stressed me out.”

“Then I’ll sit with you until you fall asleep.” She said and sat next to me on the bed.

“I might not fall asleep again.”

“Then we’ll both stay up all night.”

I laid on the bed trying to fall asleep, as she sat beside me, she had hand on my shoulder.

After a while, I felt her touch getting loose, and her breathing got heavier. She fell asleep. I carefully turned to face her, and she sat with her back against the bed while her head hung to the side.

I got up and went to the living room. I took her phone and brought into the bedroom, placing it on the nightstand. She was snoring a little, which made me smile. I somehow managed to pull her body into a more comfortable position without waking her up. I laid next to her, her smell was intoxicating, she smelled like peach. I closed my eyes and soon fell asleep.

The sound of an alarm woke me up. I woke up, and I felt a weight on me, only to open my eyes and see Athena sleeping on top of me. I smiled as she looked so cute and calm. The alarm soon woke her up, too.  She opened her eyes and looked confused.

“Good morning, Ms. Davis” I told her, trying to remind her what’s going on.

Her eyes widened, and color drained out of her face. She quickly sat up and looked at me.

“What happened last night?”

“I had a nightmare, and you woke me up. I was upset and you didn’t want to leave me alone, so you sat next to me in bed, but you were tired and you fell asleep. Then I pulled you down to a more comfortable position and laid in bed, where I fell asleep a few minutes later.”

“Oh, yeah, I remember not wanting to leave you alone, but not that I fell asleep. Whatever, let’s get dressed.”

“Can I borrow some clothes for today?”

“Sure let me find you something”

She pulled out a pair of black ripped jeans, a white t-shirt, and a white hoodie. She took out her own clothes and left the room. I wore the clothes she gave me, they were a bit too big on me but I didn’t mind, I looked cute. I went towards the bathroom and opened the door without knocking first, that’s when I came face to face with a half-naked Athena. She was wearing a black pair of women’s briefs and a matching bra, I immediately closed the door. After a few minutes, she came out of the bathroom dressed, and she looked pissed.