Chapter eighteen

I got home, and as expected, there was no one around. I should probably order something to eat but I’m not really hungry, I have eaten enough since yesterday, but I do have to find a key to the kitchen, I need to have access to the coffee maker and the stove.

I started looking around the house, on every drawer and furniture but I couldn’t find anything, the only place left to look was in parents’ bedroom. It was unlocked which was unusual, I walked in and was stunned, I’ve never been in here before, I’m not allowed to, I started looking around and I noticed a key on my dad’s bedside table and tried it on the kitchen door. Thankfully, it clicked and unlocked the door.

There were broken glasses everywhere, and the whole kitchen was a mess. There was something that looked like blood spread everywhere. I shut the door and went to sit on the couch. What the hell was that? I don’t know what happened, but it's terrifying. I took my phone out and decided to text Charlie.

“Hey, can you come over please, It’s urgent.”

“Sure, I’ll be there in 10.”

I sat anxiously at the couch and couldn’t help but wonder what happened in the kitchen, I was so lost in my thoughts that  I didn’t realize how much time has passed until I heard the doorbell ringing, I run and opened the door pulling Charlie in.

“Bro, what’s going on? You are scaring me” She hugged me.

“I found the key and unlocked the kitchen and came across a complete mess.”

“Hey, calm down, you are shaking, It can’t be that bad, I’m sure we can clean it up”

“It’s not that, it’s just, there’s so much blood and I don’t know who’s it is. What if it’s from one of my parents’”.

“Shit, we shouldn’t touch it.”

“I can’t live in a house without a kitchen and dried blood on the floor.”

“Have you talked to both of your parents?”

“No, not really”

“Call them, NOW” I obeyed and called my mum first, to my surprise, she answered.

“Hey mum”

“Alexandra, is that you?”

“Yes, you don’t have my number saved?”

“No, do you want something?”

“No, I just wanted to know how you are doing.”

“Oh, I’m okay. Are you any better since yesterday?”

“Yes, I am.”

“Good to know, you can call me if you need anything, okay?”

“Okay”

“Oh, by the way I’m not sure when I’m coming back.”

“Oh, ok.”

“I’ll send you more money, bye Alexandra.”

“Thanks, bye mum”

I then dialed my dad’s number.

“What do you want?”

“To see how you are doing.”

“Cut the crap Alexandra, did your mother tell you to call me?”

“What? No, why would she?”

“Shut it and don’t call me again.”

He hung up on me, and I dropped myself on the couch.

“So, I’m assuming both of them are alive”