Chapter forty-one

Athena’s POV

As I was sleeping, I felt someone lying next to me, I knew from the smell of my peach body wash that it was Alex. I put my arm over her, and she scouted closer. She kissed my cheek, and I went back to sleep.

I woke up a couple hours later, I slowly got up to not wake her up and went in the bathroom to make myself presentable. I stood in the doorway and watched as she slept. Her chest moved up and down and lips were parted. She looked adorable.

I went in the living and started correcting some of the papers, so that I have more time with her when she wakes up. At around one thirty I started cooking for both of us.

I went to wake her up at around 3.30.

“Baby” She groaned in response. “Will you get up?”

“Let me sleep.” She mumbled and immediately went back to sleep. She must have been exhausted. I decided to let her sleep and let her wake up on her own.

I sat in the living room and corrected the rest of the papers. Once I was done I turned on the Tv. At around 5.3 I started getting worried, but decided to not wake her up yet.

I walked to the room to check up on her a few times. At around 6.3 I decided to go wake her up, she had been sleeping for ten hours, if not more.

“Baby” I pecked her lips and she hummed. “It’s late, you should wake up.”

She opened her eyes and looked at me. I climbed on the bed and laid next to her. I caressed her head and her cheek.

“Are you okay?”

“I’m tired” She whined. “I don’t want to go to work.”

“I know baby.” I said and caressed her arm. She laid her head on my chest and started falling asleep again. “Baby, you need to eat something.”

“I’m not hungry.” She said and closed her eyes. She fell asleep again, this time on my chest. I woke her up again an hour later.

“Alex, you need to get up, you have to go to work in a while.” She opened her eyes and stretched. “You’ve been sleeping all day, don’t make me drag you out of bed.” She smiled and kissed me. She got up and went in the bathroom and I waited for her in the kitchen.

She walked in and started making a cup of coffee.

“Aren’t you going to eat?”

“I’m not hungry, I’m sorry.”

“You don’t need to apologize.” I smiled and pecked her lips.

We sat together, until she had to get ready and leave for work. I drove her to the club and went back home. I was worried for her, she didn’t eat anything before going to work, how is she going to pull through the entire shift?

I decided to text Emma and ask her to keep an eye on her, just in case anything happens.

“Hey”

“Hey Athena, is everything okay?”

“Yep, can I ask you for a favor?”

“Sure”

“Can you keep an eye on Alex today? She didn’t seem too well when I dropped her off and she haven’t eaten anything since yesterday. She spent the entire day sleeping as well.”

“Sure, I’ll keep an eye on her and if anything happens, I’ll let you know.”

“Thanks, Oh, and don’t tell her I texted you.”

“Got it, don’t worry.”

Alex’s POV

Every time Athena tried waking me up, I felt as if I couldn’t move. I was exhausted and all I wanted to do was sleep. She tried to get me to eat but I didn’t have an appetite. I got up and drank some coffee and got to work.