Chapter twenty-four

The bell rang we made our way towards PE. This month, we were playing volleyball, and I sucked.

“Alex, I don’t think you should play today.” The teacher told me.

“Oh.”

“You were sick yesterday, you can’t be sweating.”

“Yes, you are right” I agreed, I obviously didn’t want to participate, so why not play along.

“How are you feeling today?” She asked sending the rest of the students in the court.

“I’m fine I guess” I shrugged.

“I can tell something is bothering you, what is it?” I don’t know if I should tell her, but since she’s gay she might have some helpful advice to give.

“My parent’s found out that I like girls.”

“Oh, and I guess they weren’t too happy about it.”

“No, not really.”

“It’s going to be fine, they will accept you for who you are someday, and if not then they don’t deserve you in their life.”

“My dad threatened to hit me, I run away, and he told me to not go back, my mum is supportive but she can’t do anything about it.”

“That’s messed up, my parents didn’t accept me, they kicked me out and cut me out of their lives, I know it hurts and I know you feel alone, but it get’s better. It really does, you’ll find people who love you and accept you for you and they will become your family, your chosen family.” She hugged me and I let a tear escape. “It’s going to be okay, where are you staying now?”

“At a friend’s house, but I’m planning on getting a job to get a small apartment, my mum will continue sending me money, so I guess in a month from now I’ll be able to move out.”

“If you want a job, my wife runs the lgbtq club nearby.”

“Your wife runs that? It’s my favorite place, I go there almost every weekend” I said excited, and she laughed.

“Oh, I know, I’ve seen you a couple of times” My eyes widened and my face turned red from embarrassment. “You are quite a player” she laughed even more, and I hid my face in my hands. I hope she didn’t see me that night with Athena.

“So, you know who’s gay and who’s not in this town.”

“Kind of.”

“Any spicy gossips?”

“You want to know who I’ve seen at the club?” She raised her brows and smirked.

“Yes”

“Well, a lot of your classmates go there, including Jason who was making out with a guy last weekend.” My jaw dropped to the floor.

“This motherfucker, I’ll kill him. He’s such a bitch.”

“Wow, language.” she said sternly, and I shot her an angry look.

“He is the one who told my dad, he took a picture of me kissing a girl and sent it to him.”

“You are kidding right?” she looked shocked.

“NO, I’m not, I’m going to kill him” I clenched my fists.

‘’Calm down” she put her hand on my shoulder, but I pulled away. “Listen to me, hurting him won’t do you any good, talk to him, calmly”. I shook my head no, how could I face the asshole who made his life goal to ruin mine.

“He doesn’t know the damage he’s done, he keeps messing up my life, he could have gotten me killed.”

“What do you mean by killed?” She seemed concerned.