Chapter eight

It is now 3 in the morning, and I’m exhausted, but if I go to sleep now, I won’t wake up for school tomorrow. I  decided to go and make a coffee so I could continue studying.

Thankfully, our coffee maker was silent, and it didn’t wake my parents up. The fridge is locked, and so are the cupboards, and it appears that we are out of bread, so I can’t have any food. Shit, my parents only gave me a cereal bar yesterday, and I haven’t eaten anything else for the past two days, and that will probably be the case for today as well.

I went upstairs and dove back into my book. Around 6.30 I decided to take a break and relax a little, because I was starting to get stressed out. When it was to get ready for school, I chose a mom-fit pair of black jeans because my wrist was bruised from my dad’s grip, a long sleeved white shirt. I made a coffee to help me get through the day, pulled my hair into a ponytail, slipped my air forces on, grabbed my bag, and left.

The weather was getting cooler, and I didn’t have to worry about getting too hot.

The whole day passed painfully slow. All I wanted was to take the stupid test and go home. I was exhausted. During PE, I managed to impress the teacher again, but now I could barely hold myself up. As I was walking towards the class, I started getting anxious, and my stomach started hurting. It always happens when I’m stressed. I walked in and sat at the front. I felt extremely uncomfortable. Charlie sat at her usual seat at the back. Soon, Ms. Davis started passing the tests.

“You have thirty minutes to finish it. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. Good luck, everybody. You may start now.” She said with a smile.

Weird, she wasn’t her usual bitchy self, I thought and started working on my test. It was way harder than I expected. Looking at the questions I wasn’t sure I knew how to answer them, I felt my heartbeat rising and my stomach twisting. I had to calm down if I wanted to get a decent grade, but I really couldn’t. I was sweating and my hand was trembling. I managed to push through the rest of the test answering most of the questions.

It took me 25 minutes to finish. As I finished I could feel my whole body trembling, my face felt hot and my heart was beating fast. I was a nervous wreck. I got up and handed my test to Ms. Davis, which eyed me up and down before taking it from my hand.

“Alexandra, I think you should go out and get some air.”

I cringed at the sound of my full name but nodded in agreement. I went out and towards the bathroom. I rolled up my sleeves, letting my bruised wrist show, I couldn’t care less at this point. I splashed some water on my face and leaned against the wall, I closed my eyes and tried to focus on my breathing. It helped a little. I was still stressed, and my stomach was still twisting but at least I wasn’t panicking.

As I left the bathroom and headed towards the class, the bell rang, but I couldn’t leave, I had to stay with Ms. Davis for one more hour.

“How are you feeling? You seemed stressed.”

“Yeah, I was, I think I would have had a panic attack if you didn’t send me outside. But I managed to calm down a little.”

“I could tell, well if you need anything else let me know.” She said and I nodded.

Her eyes fell on my wrist, and I quickly pulled my sleeve down. She looked away and cleared her throat.

“So, I corrected your test.” she didn’t look to happy about it, shit.

“Oh, I know I probably didn’t do too well.” I said dropping my head.

“I thought you’d do better if I’m honest, but it’s not bad.”