Chapter fifty-five

The next morning, I woke up in an awful mood. I didn’t want to do anything. I opened my phone and went on Instagram. Athena had posted a story. Despite breaking up, we still followed each other on Instagram.

I opened it, and it was just a photo of her coffee table with a book and an iced coffee on it. It was her favorite thing to do when she needed to relax. It pained me seeing her happy without me.

I went back to sleep.

“Al.” Charlie woke me up. “It’s 3 in the afternoon, are you okay?”

“I’m just tired.” I mumbled. She sighed and sat on the bed. “I’m fine, you can go.” She got up and left.

After ten minutes, the door opened, and Charlie walked in with a plate and water.

“Thank you.” I said, sitting up on the bed. She sat with me as I ate and then took the plate in the kitchen.

Thirty minutes later, she walked in with a stuffed animal, chocolates, and iced coffee.

“I suck at comforting, and I don’t always know what to say, but I hope that these will lift your mood a little.” She gave me a small smile. She handed me the stuffed animal  and the coffee, and I smiled.

“Thank you.” I looked at the yellow duck she had just given me. “It’s so cute.”

“Right?” She said excitedly.

“Where did you get it from?” She chuckled.

“I went at the toy store. I got some pretty weird looks, trying to find it.” I chuckled, too.

“You are unbelievable.”

We chatted for a while, and she managed to make me feel a little better.

“How about we got for a walk?” I nodded. We got dressed and started walking towards the mall.

When we got there we went to all my favorite stores.

“We should go to the movies too.”

“Didn’t you have plans with someone else?” I remember that she told me that she was going out with an old friend that was also in town.

“I canceled.”

“Why?”

“Because, I want to be with you today.”

“You didn’t have to cancel for me.”

“I didn’t have to  I wanted to.”

“Cheesy.”

“Shut up.”

We went to the movies and watched the new avatar. We got home at 12.4 at night, and I fell on the bed exhausted.

The next day, I woke up at 3 in the afternoon. I checked my phone and saw that Athena had posted a story again. Before running into her, I was doing a good job in ignoring her stories and pretending not to care, but now, it seemed impossible.

I pressed on her photo, and it was a picture of her with a girl I didn’t recognize.

My mind started racing.

Is she just a friend?

Is she her girlfriend?

If she’s her girlfriend, that means that I lost her. She’s no longer available, and she might never be again. What if she found someone better than me?

I was drowning in my thoughts, and I felt like I needed to get some air.

I quickly got dressed and left.