Chapter forty-four

The next morning, she drove me to school as usual, and the day went on smoothly.

Once her class was over and everyone had left, she closed her door and walked up to me.

She kissed me and pulled me closer.

“What was that for?” I asked, smiling as we pulled away.

“I just wanted to kiss you.” She smirked and hugged me. She tilted her head and kissed my neck.

The door opened.

“Athena I…” Mrs. Miller started but froze. We had pulled away, but obviously not fast enough.

Athena’s POV

Cam had just seen us messing around. Cam. Danielle’s wife. The principal’s wife, just saw me kiss a student’s neck.

My heart was racing in my chest, and I didn’t know what to say to make things better.

“Uhhh...” Cam said and closed the door behind her. “Are you two… a thing?”

“No” Alex said. Now she’s going to think that I was harassing a student. I felt sick. Nothing we said could make this better. Alex turned to look at me and then at Cam.

“Athena, calm down.” Cam gave me a small smile and sat on top of a desk. “I need to know what I walked into. Was that consensual?”

“Yes.” Alex said, and Cam let out a sigh and turned to look at me. She stood up and walked to my side. I didn’t know what to say or how to react. I was panicking, my heart was racing in my chest, and my stomach was stirring.

She led me to sit down.

“Athena.”

“I’m so sorry, I… ugh… we… we are kind of seeing each other.”

“Okay.”

“Are you going to tell Danielle?” She nodded. I let a tear roll down my cheek but quickly wiped it off.

“Please don’t.” Alex said, and we turned to look at her. She was crying. “Please don’t report it.”

“Who told you I’d report it?’ Cam said, and I turned to look at her. “Athena, you are my friend, I wouldn’t do that to you.”

Alex sniffled and wiped her tears.

“You wouldn’t?” She shook her head no and smiled.

“It’s okay with me.”

“What about your wife?” Alex asked, and Cam chuckled.

“I’m sure she wouldn’t be against it.” Cam eyed me. “Hasn’t she told you how we met?”

“No. We haven’t talked much about personal matters.”  

“I was student in this school and she was my hot bitchy teacher.” She smirked and my eyes widened.

“So, you two met in school?”

“Yes, we started going out, but we were more careful than you two.” She smiled a little.

I stared at her in disbelief.

“I’m telling the truth, I was a nightmare of a student, causing trouble and getting into fights all the time. Danielle was really strict and extremely mean, when she first came to the school.”

“Danielle was mean?”

“She was so mean that she made me cry.”

“Oh damn”