Chapter thirty

The rest of the Christmas break passed fast. we did all kinds of stuff people do during this time of the year. We didn't get intimate again, I wanted to, but she seemed to hesitate, we did learn a lot about each other though and we had fun.

It is Thursday, and school starts on Monday. Everything was going smoothly, I didn't say anything to Charlie about me and Athena. It was still too early.

I was now getting ready for work, I had to wear a t-shirt they gave me and black jeans, I wore my white air forces because they matched with the t-shirt, Athena offered to give me a ride and I accepted.

It was 8.30, and the club was only a few minutes away from her house, but I wanted to be there earlier. She parked outside of the club, and I noticed Ms. Peterson standing there and cursed under my breath. She couldn't see Athena.

"Fuck I didn't think of that" Athena said, it was too late now because she has spotted us and was coming towards her car.

"Athena, hey, what are you doing here? And why do you have Alex in your car?" Athena sighed and dropped her head back.

"It's a long story."

"I've got plenty of time" She eyed Athena "We need to talk."

"Ok, I'm gonna go park first" She said and I got out of the car, Ms. Peterson looked at me and raised her eyebrows smirking.

"So, Ms. Davis, didn't think you had it in you kiddo" she laughed a little "Just don't use her like all the other girls."

"It's not like that" I shook my head.

"I don't care if there's something between you two, just don't use her, she's been through a lot."

"I know."

"You do?" She seemed shocked.

"Uhm, yeah" I said awkwardly, and I saw her approaching us.

"Let's go at my wife's office, she won't be here until later" We walked to the office above the nightclub, and I sat at a chair next to Athena across from Mrs. Peterson.

"So, care to explain why was she in your car?"

"Well, her parents kind of kicked her out and she had nowhere to go so I offered her a place to stay until she has enough money to get an apartment."

"So you are the friend!" She raised her eyebrows and looked at me and I gave her a half smile. "She told me a few things about her parents, but I know she's hiding a lot. I assume you know the truth about her situation?"

"Yes."

"And that's why you told her about your own experience."

"Yes."

"Damn it Athena, you could get fired over that, it's so wrong."

"I know, but I couldn't let her die from the cold on the side of the street or get beaten to death."

"You are right. So, is that all?" She smirked and raised her eyebrows.

"Yep, that's all" Athena said.

"Oh, come on, we've been friends for three years, don't you think I can tell when you are lying?"

"Three years? But I thought you just moved here?"

"We met when I was in college, I had to do volunteer work at a school as practice and she was teaching there, she helped me out the first days and we became friends, she wanted to transfer and when she found out there was a position at the school I got a job she applied immediately"

"That's awesome."

"Yeah, it is, now back to our conversation, what's going on between you two?"

"Nothing really, plus Athena swears she's straight" I lied, she started laughing uncontrollably.

"Why are you lying to this poor kid, you are as straight as a circle."

"Oh, I'm aware" I said, and she laughed even harder.

"I'm not enjoying this conversation." Athena said and I looked at her and smiled, I wanted to kiss her, but I knew I couldn't do that now.

"So now you are smiling at each other, you'd make a cute couple" she chuckled.

"Stop it Emma, you know it's wrong."

"You are both consenting adults, so I don't see a problem, as long as you keep it a secret."

"Maybe something is going on between us" Athena admitted.

"I can tell, there's this weird tension between you two" "But be careful Athena, I don't want you ending up hurt."

"I told you I'm not using her; I actually like her" I almost yelled.

"I hope so, but I'm just warning her because I've seen how you usually act with girls."

"That's different."

"It doesn't matter, you need to go downstairs, the rest of the staff will show you everything." I nodded and left.

It was fairly easy, all I needed was an apron a notepad and a pen, the club started getting busy and I was taking orders and serving drinks like crazy and when I didn't, I had to go around and check if everything was ok.

I don't know how long I've been working for but I felt like I needed some fresh air. People kept pushing me and I had a few girls trying to hit on me, I was sweating and the smoke from the cigarettes was making it hard to breath. Mrs. Peterson has to be at school in a few hours so she probably went home, I went to find her wife and her for a 5 minute break.

"Hello Ms."

"Hi Alex, you can call me Anna, is everything ok?"

"Uhm I was wondering if I could take a five-minute break, I need some fresh air."

"Sure, just don't take too long" I thanked her and went out through the back door, I pulled my phone out of my pocket, I had a text from Athena.

"Have a great first day. Be careful and if you need anything call me xx" It is 5 in the morning so I'm not going to text her back, I took a couple of deep breaths and went back in, I let Anna know I'm back, she seemed to be younger than Mrs. Peterson, probably in her thirties.

I managed to leave from the club at 6.15 and when I got home it was 6.35, I took a long hot shower to wash away the smell of cigarettes, sweat and alcohol, I brushed my teeth, fixed my hair and started getting dressed for school, I knew Athena was up because I could hear her moving around. I went to greet her.

"Good morning beautiful"

"Good morning cutie" she pecked my lips and I smiled "How did your first day go?"

"It went great, it was tiring but I made quite a lot of money"

"How much?"

"Well, it was 72 dollars plus 40 from the tips... I made 112."

"Holy shit, that's a lot of money."

"Yep, I'm gonna be able to get an apartment soon if I keep making that much" I smiled.

"Yeah, that's true" she frowned a little. I left and kept getting ready for school and she did the same. Around 7.20 we were leaving from the house, I kept yawning, I felt tired but not too much.

"Are you going to make it till the end of the day?"

"I think so" She stopped, and I got out of the car, I started walking to school and as usual I was early, Charlie was waiting for me outside.

"Bitch how did the first day go?"

"It went great, it was tiring but I made 112 dollars."

"HOLY FUCK, THAT'S GREAT" She yelled. We chatted for a while and went to our classes.