Chapter twenty-one

The next morning, I woke up at 9 and called the school, I let the principal know that I wasn’t feeling well. I though of going back to sleep but I couldn’t, I went and checked up on Athena who seemed to be sleeping peacefully and then I sat on the couch and checked my phone, 20 messages from Charlie, shit, I forgot to text her. I texted her to let her know I was alive and well.

“Hey Bro, I’m sorry I didn’t text you, I did find a place to stay for a while. I won’t be coming today and maybe even tomorrow, I don’t feel like going to school.”

“You are so fucking stupid, I was worried. I still am, I need to know you are not lying, send me a video of you to make sure.” I rolled my eyes and opened my phone camera.

I sent her a video of me giving her the middle finger while zooming on my face.

“You are an idiot but I’m glad you are fine.”

“Sent me the homework when you are done.”

“Do you want me to come drop it off? Where are you staying?”

“Nah, it’s okay just sent photos and I’ll be fine, you don’t need to come over.”

“Alex, where are you staying? You didn’t get kidnapped, did you?”

“Oh god you are so stupid no, I’m fine, I really am, you don’t need to worry, now if you don’t mind, I have to eat breakfast”

“Okay bro, be careful, we’ll talk later.”

I tossed my phone on the couch and went to the kitchen, I decided to make pancakes with eggs and bacon for breakfast, I went and took my phone to look up the pancake recipe. I started making the mix. By the time I was done it was 10.3 and I went to wake Athena up.

“Athena, wake up, breakfast is ready.” She hummed in response.

“Athena come on, it’s going to get cold.” I said shaking her lightly. She opened her eyes and smiled at me.

“Good morning”

“Good morning to you too, breakfast is ready, get up” I smiled back and watched her as she slowly got up. She made her way to the bathroom, and I went back to the kitchen to make her an orange juice.

When she walked in the kitchen, I had already put the two plates on the counter, as well as the orange juice. I looked at her and she seemed better, her hair was up to a ponytail, and she was smiling.

“You look better.” I pointed out.

“I feel much better.”

We both sat down and started eating.

“How are the pancakes?” I asked anxiously.

“They are delicious.” she said cutting a big piece and stuffing her mouth full, I laughed at the sight, she was adorable.

“I believe you.” I said and pointed at her face, I watched as she almost chocked trying not to laugh.

“It’s not my fault you are great at cooking, plus I just got my appetite back after almost a week of not eating.”

“You said Friday when I asked you.”

“I hadn’t had a big appetite since Tuesday, I ate half a meal a day until Friday, that’s when my throat started hurting a lot and I couldn’t swallow.”

“And that’s when your hero came to save you.” She rolled her eyes and looked at me with an ‘I’m done’ expression causing me to laugh.

“You are so stupid sometimes” She joked.