Back at it, but its all different now.

that was the quickest weekend I have ever experienced.
Is this even real?
"daaadddd" I yell across the dressing room.
"DAUGHTERRRRR" he laughs.
"flat iron is hot. sit down, I'll do your hair" I smile.
"I don't know if I trust you with that fuckin thing."
He says.
"Shut up." I say sectioning his hair.
"Are you having fun?" he says seriously.
"Yeah, it's been a rush. the fans: they've had such a good reaction to me. It doesn't feel real" I sigh.
"Yeah, I'm really happy that they have been so supportive." he pauses. "you and Noah have been spending a lot of time together."
"Okay, your hair is done. me and Noah are friends dad, friends spend time together" I smile nervously.
"I'll catch you in a few sad, LOVE YOU" I yell as I practically bolt out of the room.
I walk down the hall of the venue and an arm catches me out of the door frame of one of the rooms.
"NOWAHH" I laugh as he pulls me closer.
"What?" He pretends to be clueless. He raises me up on the counter behind him, placing his forehead on mine intertwining our fingers.
I place a flat palm to his and Noah thinks for a moment, then grips the top of my fingers.
"I never noticed your hands were so small." He jokes.
"no one told you to be a forest giant Noah." I laugh.
"not funny." He turns away dramatically.
"It was a little funny" I bust out laughing.
he turns back around to me-
"Is it" he plants kisses in between his words " is it really Lilly?" He laughs placing his forehead back to mine.
"Give my a piggyback ride to the green room" I demand jokingly.
"As you wish, princess" Noah bends down.
He runs with my through the hall as I cackle. We head to the green room.
"okay, cut it out children." Vic says from the couch.
"Now , now Vic. You and Danielle were kids in love once" Andy says. I pretended not to hear him. Noah sets me down and I plop onto the couch next to Vic.
"Whatcha working on?" I ask.
"A song for the new album" he sits up leaning to write something in a notebook that looked like it had been through hell.
"I wanna hear it" I say.
"Nope not right now" he says
"PLEASE. maybe I could help?" I beg throwing my infamous puppy dog eyes at him.
"Fine." he sets his fingers on the guitar and starts singing the lines he had written down.
"Headlights, I am back tonight
Kill the wait now we're fast in light
Please don't cool my war machine
Performance high and deafening
Blood dries on sparkling lead paint
Kill the competition I-
Will need your fuel, I'm siphoning"
He stops playing.
"And that's all I've got kid. So if you have any ideas- shoot" he says with a laugh.
"Vic that's amazing. I'll think of something to go after that and if it's good, use it." I tease.
I glance at Noah, who is leaning up against the counter talking to the other guys.
I lean my arm over the back of the couch.
Listening to Vic playing the song he wrote on guitar.
being completely honest, I was in the middle of looking at Noah and listening when the perfect lyrics to the  song popped into my head.
"Vic, okay that part again." He nods and plays it again.
"My soul left out I hold my breath and
Drive
Staring at the sky
Luminescent bright
Running out in time
Blood ran the light
Gaining til' you're over me
Beautiful is everything
It's crumbling
The flame sets off your eyes"
I sing in the same tune as the guitar. The whole room seemed to get quieter and quieter as a sang.
I stopped and everyone just stared.
"well.." I start.
"that was FUCKING FANTASTIC." Vic exclaimed.
"wOOOO give it up for lilian" folio yells with his normal shit eating grin.
"I loved that. Can I use it?" Vic asks.
"I already said you could." I laugh
"You should sing more ya know. You're good add it" Vic looks to me sentimentally.
"you know that I won't though. if my dad wasn't literally famous for doing the same crap, I would."
I get and walk over to Noah and the other guys.
I lightly punch Noah's arm and smile.
"What was that for?" He asks.
"I don't know. I just felt like it." I look over to nicholas and jolly. they shared the same face. Eyebrows raised eyes wide open. 
I roll my eyes. Eventually the bands were waiting for sound check.

I faded into the back ground, I grab my AirPods and head to the floor of the now empty pit.
my favorite, not screamy, song is playing in my ears. Embarrassingly enough, it didn't have words.
(Paint it black- the cello version.)
I take a step out. Letting the music consume every part of me. left foot out, I spin. I hadn't danced in forever. I forgot that at one time, it's all I ever did.
I close my eyes and let my body do what it wanted.
As the song finished, I opened my eyes to find my dad leaning in the door way. Watching.
"I haven't seen you dance like that in a while." he smiles.
"I know, just wanted to blow off some energy." I lean back in defeat.
"Dance with me?" he asks.
"with you? I haven't done that since Willow was a baby." I extended a hand. a common misconception about my dad was that he never spent time with me, just doing stupid little mundane things , as a kid. But the truth was, we did everything, all the time.
we decided to Waltz, there were sequences where dad would spin me and dip.
"just like old times." he laughs.
"yeah, we should do this more often, dad." I say.
"I love you kid" he pats my head. "For what it's worth, I think that everything you do is truly amazing." He lingers, smiling, only to leave the room again.
I didn't care what any one said. My dad was an amazing dad. Famous or not.
I loved him in all of his chaotic, mischievous glory.
I had to get it from somewhere.