happy birthday noah.

Halloween..

"And YOU ARE SURE that you can pick it up and get it there in one piece NICHOLAS ?" I ask talking on the phone.
"Yes, do you not trust me?" HE exclaims.
"Oh I trust you. I don't trust folio ." I say leaning back on the counter.
"I heard that" nick says in the background.
" jolly is gonna keep him busy and then drive him to dads. What time me, you and dumbass decorate." I say. "meet me at like 2pm. I'll send you the address. Love you Nicholas ." I hang up the phone.
"I swear to god if they fuck this up." I thought.
I had driven to dads the night before, to see Willow of course and to make a few more preparations.

I had started decorating and moving things around.
Multicolored banners had been draped from the ceiling and black table cloths had been placed on the tables.
"almost done in here?" Dad asks.
"Almost. Are you sure, you're cool with us throwing a party here?" I ask.
"A little too late to say no." He laughs. "Willow is itching to come in here though."
"Tell her I'll be in there in a minute" I say sitting a centerpiece on the table.
I walk into the kitchen to Willow, who is coloring on the counter.
"Whatcha makin?" I ask.
"Something for Noah." She continues scribbling on a piece of paper.
"I think he will love it" I smile. "Shoot hold on just a second willow. I think my friends are calling me!"

"Hello?" I pick up the phone.
"hey, we are like twenty minutes away. Cake is secured." Nicholas says on the other side.
"Good. See you soon." I say hanging up.
I was nervous about this party. Noah had No idea what we were doing.

"Shit dad will you get the door." I yell from up on the ladder.
"I've got it."

"What in the fuck are you doing up there lil?" Nicholas asks.
"I'm trying to hang this." i laugh, stepping down. "You have the cake right"
"Yes" he says sitting the box on the table.
I open it to reveal the cake I had meticulously ordered.
It was blue with white candy pearls.
"Perfect." I sigh.
"I just got a message from jolly. He said they would get here in like an hour and half "
I looked across the room at folio while still answering Nicholas.
"Good. Nick, my sister is looking for you" I lied.
"oh dear " he said running.
"WILLOWWW" I hear faintly in the background.
"Now that sir shithead is gone, I need your help." I state talking to Nicholas.
"What's up." He asks following me into the next room.
"You play the keys right?" I ask.
"Yeah, why?"
I sit down at the piano stool.
"I want to play something for you and I want some advice on it." I flinch.
"hell yeah, let's do it. I didn't know you played?" He leans up against the wall.
I place my hands on the keys nervously and start to play, letting the music surround me. Every note of that tone was weaved with such beauty that even the world outside had stopped again. I continue to play, Forgetting that Nicholas was listening. Watching.
as I finish, I look up to see him in complete awe of what I'd just done.
"So??" I wince.
"so? That was amazing. Where did you learn to play like that?" He asks.
"Right here." I smile. "My dad taught me to play on this very piano."
"That was brilliant. Does it have words?" He asks.
"Yeah, I'm gonna play them for Noah. Tonight actually." I say.
he gives me a shy smile.
"He is gonna love it. You did good lil"

"folio!" I exclaim. "Why couldn't 'liyah be here?"
"she got caught up with work in Detroit and she didn't wanna have the dogs kenneled" he says.
"Ugh okay then. Noah will be here in roughly 10 minutes so come down stairs- YOU TOO WILLOW."

we all get into our positions and wait for Noah to get out of the car. jolly starts walking toward the front with Noah.

I stick out my hand
"3...2....1..."
Everyone jumps out and the party begins.
"holy fuckin- you guys scared me." He bends down putting his hands on my knees.
Willow is the first to greet Noah.
"happy birthday Noah." She looks up at him with glossy eyes.
"Awe, well thank you, princess willow." He says picking her up and walking toward me.
"Did you plan this?" He asked.

"Yes, with some help." I look over to Nicholas.
"Thank you love."

There were hours of dancing and laughing. until it was time to do cake and gifts.
Noah had gotten many gifts including one terribly drawn giraffe from Willow that, he would later hang on our fridge.
"Can I have everyone's attention" I yell and waited for the room to get quiet. "Noah you have one final gift. Meet me by the piano"

I take a seat on the bench and open the lid to the black glossy piano.
"Noah, I've been writing this song for you since last year and I've finally decided to play it for you."
I start with the opening keys, letting the Melody ring throughout the foyer.
I had to admit, I was nervous as the first verse rang out but I didn't loose my focus on the piano below or Noah, who was in complete awe.
(Dancing in the rain- KVCE)
As I finished the room was silent and then there was an uproar in clapping.
I looked at their faces, they were .. all crying.
"I- don't know what to say." Noah starts.
"That was the most beautiful, Brilliant, sweetest thing anyone has ever done for me."
"I love you. That's why I did it. Happy birthday Noah."