carnival row

1 year and 6 months later.
October, 2020

Summer came and went. So did winter, spring and fall.
Noah and I had been together almost two whole years.
the world was finally opening back up with minor restrictions, which means, no more sitting at home.

Noah and I were set for our first actual date since the tour ended and lockdown happened.
we had gotten used to daily life together, cooking , eating, napping and showering together.

"Are you almost ready up there?!" Noah exclaims.
"Almost, but this doesn't happen over night." I yell back.
I curl my now shoulder length hair and grab the black shoes I had at the end of the bed.
Slowly starting down the stairs.
"Woah."
"Noah. Are you gonna say that everytime?" I ask.
"Is your birthday, may 9 ? "
"Yes.." I trail off.
"That's your answer" he smiles.
"Smooth." I wink.
we get in the car and drive.
For the first time in months, we'd gotten to see the streetlights passing above and other cars on the road.

"So what do you have planned for us, Mr.Sebastian?" I ask looking over to Noah's hands on the wheel.
"Well, we are going to a carnival." He says placing a hand my thigh. He parks the car and shuts it off.
"A CARNIVAL?! NOWAHHH" I laugh. "how did you even-"
"Come on." He grabs my hand leading my into the park.

We had been bouncing from ride to ride for hours, playing the small games and eating the food from the small vendors.
"Noah." I tap his chest. "Win me that." I point to this large green tiger hanging from the ceiling.
"You have to knock down all of these bottles in order to win the largest prize." The vendor yelled.
Noah took the tennis balls and threw them at the bottles. Only knocking over one.
"I'm gonna get this for you. Even if I have to spend all of my money." He laughs. "I need some good luck."
He kisses my cheek and proceeds to throw the last ball, hitting the other bottles.
"We will take the green one." He says.
"Noah. you really got it for me." I exclaim.
"I would get you anything you wanted." I says intertwining his fingers amongst mine.
"This has honestly been the second best date you've ever taken me on." I say.
"What was the first?" He says before being cut off.
"Excuse me." A little girl with black bell bottoms and, coincidentally, a grey bad omens shirt says.
"oh, hello." I bend down to say.
"are you Noah from bad omens?" She asks with a smile.
"Yeah that's me kiddo." Noah smiles.
"Addison!" A woman exclaims from behind the little girl.
"I'm so sorry, she got away from me for a moment." You could tell she was slightly embarrassed that her kid had ran.
"No it's okay." I smile. "Do you like bad omens?" I ask.
"Uhuh." The little girl smiles and nods her head violently.
"What is your FAVORITE song?" Noah asks.
"LIMITS" she squeals.
"Can you sing it for me??" He throws up his hands.
The little girl broke out into song. Singing every word. By the time she had finished,
we clapped for her.
"What!! Are you sure I'm Noah. I think you may be Noah." He laughs. "It was very nice meeting you Addison" he waves and poses for a photo.
"WAIT- I have a question for miss lilly." The little girl runs and tugs on my dress.
"what's your question?" I smile bending down to get on her level.
"are you and Noah gonna get married?" She asks innocently.
I look to Noah, laughing and smiling, not paying any attention.
"Maybe... one day." I smiled.
"Bye" she said running off to her mother.
"That's the first time in ages I've seen any of my fans. What exactly did she ask you?" He asked me.
"nothing big just, if we were ever gonna get married." I laugh.
"Oh. Nothing big though?" he says sarcastically.
"No pressure ,big guy " I say lying my head on his shoulder, walking with our fingers intertwined again.
"Wanna get out of here?" He asks.
"why not. Let's go home." I say.
Home.
I said that like I wasn't already there. home isn't a place you can just go. he was my home. jolly and Nicholas and folio were my home. Aliyah, was my home.
I had been home for two whole years and I never even realized it.