we are in this together or not at all.

the next few days were full of readjusting, talking to police and taking care of liyah.
She was a pitiful little person, not being able to do so much as take a shower on her own.
"Liyah just let me help you." Nick pleads.
"No, I wanna do it on my own." She says trying to open the jar of strawberry jam with her right arm.
"UGHHAAAAAAH." She yells.
I watch as nick sinks his head into his hands.
"Just let me-" he stops as the red jar falls to the floor and busts. "Help.." nick sighs.
"I'm sorry, I just don't want you doing everything for me all the time."
I walk into the kitchen from the doorway.
"It's alright to need help liyah." I say grabbing the broom. nick Shh it's me an aggravated smile.
I sweep up the glass , picking up the bigger pieces.
"Shit-" I gasp.
"What happened?" Nick exclaimed, rushing over to me.
"I cut my hand." I say with defeat.
"I'm so sorry Lillian. if I would've just let Nick help me-" Aliyah worries.
"It's okay. I'm fine just a little blood , nothing major." I assured her.
I cleaned myself up and went back to the kitchen. nick had finished cleaning for me.
"I really am sorry." Liyah sat on the couch.
"It's really okay" I knew she didn't do it on purpose. Aliyah wasn't the person to seek pity at all.
"I'll be back, don't go far." I lightly laugh.
I go to the kitchen to talk to the boys as Aliyah sits on the couch in the family room.
I stand beside of Noah, leaning my head against his arm.
"I'm worried about liyah." I blink slowly looking at Nicholas who was stuffing his face with Cheetos.
"Do you ever stop eating?" I raise my brows.
"Mm nope." He contemplated a moment before answering.
"I hate the fact she feels like she can't have fun with her arm being broken. I'm putting a stop to this." I say taking out my phone.
"Hey dad, can I have willow for the night?" I ask.
"I mean yeah, where you taking her?" He responds.
"I'm bringing her to the house. Just pack pjs and an outfit for brunch." I say. "I'll see you in thirty."

We had gotten over to my dads, Noah and I, and picked up willow.
"Noah, " I heard my dad say. "You better be careful with my girls."
"Yes sir." Noah shakes my dads hand.
We get into the car and I couldn't contain my laughter any longer.
"SIR?" I cackle.
"Shut up-" he starts the car.
"Hey, Willow, what does daddy say when people call him 'sir' " I look at Noah hold in laughter.
"He says he isn't that old." Willow squeals.
we drive to the house and park in the drive way.
"Guys we're home" I yell as Noah throws his keys in the tray by the door. nick popped around the door way and almost instantly Willow gave him an excited squeal , running toward him.
"WILLOW!" He picked her up mid run, tickling her.
"You didn't tell me you were bringing Willow over." He stated
"I brought her over to make liyah feel better." I smile. "Willow, I wanna introduce you to someone." I grab her hand.
"LIYAHHH" I giggle. "Willow meet liyah, liyah meet my sister,Willow"
She looks at Nicholas who was sitting next to Aliyah.
"Hi" Willow waves. "What happened to your arm?" She sits next to Aliyah.
"Willow-" I go to scold her.
"It's okay." Aliyah says. "Well, some really bad people hurt me, broke my arm."
"I'm sorry liyah. " Willow apologizes.
"awe it's okay Willow. Lillian, hand me those markers"
Aliyah points to a bag on the table. "Willow, would you like to color on my arm?" She asks.
"Can I?" Nicholas whines.
"Yes , stupid."
I walk out of the room to check on the other three boys, leaving liyah, Willow and Nicholas alone.

"they sound like they're having fun." Jolly motions to the living room.
"oh for sure, Nicholas is a big toddler." I laugh
"I heard that ASS" he yells.
"Nick," i motion for him to follow me outside.
"what's up?" He asks.
"The other day, when liyah was high off her ass on pain meds, she said something to me that I've just been thinking about nonstop since she said it." I sigh.
"okay, but what was it dude?" he shot me a confused look.
"she told me that you had feelings for me once." I loose myself within his eyes as I waited for a response.
"I did , yeah. Before liyah and me were official. When you and Noah first got together." He looks down before taking a seat. "I was jealous of Noah actually, I thought you were so beautiful, I still do. I was jealous that it was Noah and not me." he nods in agreement with himself. I never thought that Nick was an option, let alone had feelings for me. "I love liyah, just like I loved you. there ya go, I confessed. I was in love with you once lil. it gets hard, pretending that I didn't." he states. Lost in his words , I gathered a response.
"I'm glad it was her. Not me. I'm messy, reckless. she is for you. sweet and careful. We would've never made it. I'm thankful that we have this. this friendship, nick. " I stand up kissing nick on the forehead. "you'll never lose me and long as you keep being my friend." I say walking into the house.
"WHATS going ON IN HERE" I exclaim as all five of the others sit amongst the couch.
"Willow drew me some sick pictures and nick drew an amazing tattoo for me." Aliyah smiles.
"who is up for a DANCE PARTY !!" I yell turning on the speaker.
(Afterglow- ALL TIME LOW)
I start to sway my hips to the music as Nicholas and jolly join. followed by Willow who was twirling in Noah's arms.
I get Aliyah up and we all start dancing and laughing amongst one another. I glance over to nick, who stood lent in the door way with a smile.
"COME ON BABE!" Aliyah laughed.
Nick came and danced with us. Something about this, just felt right. our little family, made me feel like sunlight. happy. I wished this day would never end.