Afterglow

2 months later

things in the world had, inevitably, gotten worse almost overnight.
I woke up to a text from dad.
DAD: meet me at my bus in 10 minutes. important. Bring bad omens.

"Noah." I roll over. "Dad wants us to meet him over on his bus. He said it was important."
"Mkay. I'm coming" he says groggily.
We had gotten ready and headed over. we looked like a hoard of zombies dragging ass across the parking lot.
We all piled onto the bus. All of falling in reverse, Pierce the veil, black veil brides and bad omens.
"well, this is the last fucking thing I wanted to happen." My dad sighs
"What's going on?" I ask leaning against the wall next to Noah.
"we, unfortunately have to cancel the rest of the tour." He sighs. "Covid is getting worse and our labels don't want to risk us or the fans getting sick" 
We discussed the end of the tour and what we were gonna do when we could tour again.
I walk back over to the bus and before I could think I lock myself in the bathroom. I sink down the wall, pulling my knees up to my chest letting the tears drip down my cheeks.
I couldn't loose Noah again. there hasn't been enough time. I had fallen in love with him and the only thought I had was my promise to Nicholas.
I couldn't leave. I couldn't loose either of them. Noah needed me as much as I needed him.
I hear a knock on the door.
"Baby.." I hear Noah. "...are you okay."
I sniffle and unlock the door, standing toward Noah revealing my tear stained cheeks.
I engulf him in a pitiful hug.
"I.. don't want to loose you.. again.." I cry.
"Hey, enough now. You aren't gonna loose me. we are gonna make this work." He kisses my forehead.
"We have to make this work."
I feel an extra set of arms wrap around us, then two more.
" we will find a way to keep you with us lil." Jolly says tightening his grip.
"let's make our last night together for now A DAMN GOOD ONE." Folio yells.
"PARTYYYY" jolly breaks off and joins folio.
"wanna go on a beer run?" noah asks.
"Absolutely" I return. "Can I drive?" I ask.
Noah throws me the keys.
We get to the liquor store and Noah sits on the passenger seat with wide eyes clutching the seat belt.
"You good" I laugh.
"Uh uh" he shakes his head." You almost killed me like eight times"
"You're FINE." I get out and walk in. "So what are we getting here?"

"Well, what do you drink?" he laughs.
"Tequila, Fireball, vodka.." I start.
"Gross. Vodka is nasty" noah says in disgust.
"you are nasty." I tease sticking out my tongue.
we wound up getting two six packs of bud light for jolly, fireball and tequila for nic and Noah and a bottle of vodka for Nicholas and I.
We paid and thanked the cashier.
"Oohhh no. You ARE NOT driving us back." Noah states.
"But why not?" I whine. Noah just looked at me in the parking lot.
"fine I like being your passenger princess anyway." I cross my arms.
We turn back onto the road.
"I have a song I want you to listen to, it kinda makes me think of you. Of us." Noah says resting his hand on my thigh.

(Take on the world- you me at six)

"I love this." I look at him.
we get to the bus lot and we stay in the car for a moment.
"what if I don't get to see you as much anymore?" I ask letting my eyes drift away from Noah.
"Then everytime we do, it will be more special." he lightly headbutts my head.
We lean in for a kiss but are met by the guys and Aliyah.
Folio and jolly were making faces in Noah's window.
Nicholas was holding back laughter and Aliyah, poor girl, had her head in her hands with a look of disappointment.

I open my door.
"NIC IM GONNA KICK YOUR ASS" I yell chasing him around the car.
"AHHHH, NOAH. COME AND GET YOUR WOMAN." he laughs.
"Nothing I can do man. You did this to your self." Noah says nonchalantly.
I grab folio in a head lock and take him down.
"AND THATS for being a little bitch" I say teasing him.
"ALIYAHHH." I say in excitement.
"ahhh heyy." She greets me.
"are you here to get drunk with us?" I ask.
"I'm here to watch you all get drunk" she laughs.
"LETS GET THIS PARTY STARTED!" Jolly says holding up the various amounts of booze Noah and I bought.
we started with shots of tequila and music then moved onto fire ball and my vodka.
I let the lines blur together. Only focusing on the laughter and music behind me.
We all sat outside around the makeshift fire pit.
(Afterglow- ALL TIME LOW)
this is what family felt like.
"Dance with me." I look at Noah.
"Of course my love."

we stand in the fire like gravel, slow dancing to music that had long since faded.
"I love you." I say. drunk words were always the the truth even though you never remember them.
"I love you, Lillian. Always." He spins me and places me back at his chest.
Maybe this would work out better than I had thought.