Mia

three weeks later..

"BAAAAAAABYYYYYYYY." I hear Noah come practically skipping down the hall.
"and LET ME TELL YOU WHAT THIS BITCH DID 'LIYAH." I say with wide eyes.
"OOOHHH WHAT DID HE DO??"
"LILLIANNN" Noah  sings entering the door frame.
"WHATTT?" I raise a brow.
"I love you. We need to talk when you are done. HEY LIYAHHH"  he walks away.
"What was that about?" Aliyah asks.
"I have no idea. So I guess I'll go find out and get back to you on that." I roll my eyes.
I walk down the stairs to Noah and jolly who are sitting on the couch.
"What's up?" I stagger my breath not letting them know that I was anxious.
Every time I heard the words' we need to talk' I instantly associated it with bad news.
"so, we have a super huge announcement." Jolly says.
"What is it?" I look over to Noah.
"We are officially going back on tour with the new album. " he smiles.
"That's great. Oh my god." I bite my lip. "I also have an announcement."
"Oh?" Jolly says wiggling his eye brows
"don't hate me ... but... I may or may not have volunteered us to baby sit my cousins kid." I wince.
"Overnight..." I trail off.
"what- when?" Noah asks
"Tonight..." I sway from my toes to my heels.
"okay, I guess that's fine." he rolls his eyes.
"GREAT! sorry it was super urgent but it won't be that bad." I assure him.
"that's what you said with Willow and she almost killed me and Nick" he laughs.
"I almost forgot about that." I say " she will be here at like three" I walk into the kitchen. I hear the door bell.
"Or maybe not"
I open the door to see my cousin Aubrey, accompanying her, a small car seat.
"I thought you weren't coming until three?" I ask. "Come in." I lead her in.
She sits the seat down on the couch and removes the small pink blanket from the top, revealing a tiny baby girl.
"Lillian, this is Mia." She starts unbuckling her from the car seat. I get closer gently grabbing the soft little hand rubbing it with my thumb.
"She is so precious oh my god. I love her already." I doted. Audrey had left me instructions for Mia, as I rushed her out of the door. Leave just Mia and I in the living room. I sat on the couch with Mia's head in my hands. staring at her small features.
"Hey, Lillian have you-" Noah yells coming down the stairs
"SHH" I look at him. I see every feature on his body soften as he tiptoed to the couch.
"Is this your cousins baby?" He whispered.
"Yeah, this is baby Mia." I smile. He stared at her for a moment.
"She is tiny and new, you didn't tell me she was that small." He sits next to me.
"Do you wanna hold her?" I ask. "I really need to pee"
"I haven't held a little one in a long time." He answers.
"here I'll help you." I take his arms and slightly position them to hold Mia. "Hold her head. Just like that" I watched as he looked at her with his big brown eyes. he acted as if she were made of glass, so fragile.
I watched as Noah and Mia interacted. Her newborn smile as sweet as a summer strawberry filled me with a sunshine I never knew existed. I came back and sat next to Noah as he became comfortable with Mia , swaying her back and fourth humming tunes to her.
I notice the baby start to fuss and Noah's face become uneasy and nervous.
"I think she may be hungry, " he turns to me.
"I've got it." I say as the fuss turns into a scream.
"What's going on down...here.." I hear from jolly running down the stairs.
I run back to the couch handing Noah the bottle, soothing the piercing scream.
"oh is this Mia?" Jolly asks.
"Yeah." Noah responded soothing her
"That was scary. Having a screaming child in my arms." He looks to me with the bottle still in his hands.
"I think we make a good team." I wink.
"We do." I lie my head on his shoulder. "I'll burp her "
he hands her small body back to me. I place her over my shoulder holding her head in one hand , patting her back with the other.
I stand, pacing her back and fourth.
*SPLASH*
"Noah." I gasp. Making sure to stand in one spot.
"What's wrong?" He looks at me and then instantly breaks out into a cackle. "Oh nooo"
he laughs as the vomit drips down my shirt , all down my back and into the floor.
"Can you please get me another shirt?" I say still holding Mia, who was now peacefully sleeping.
"On it. This is gonna be a long night." He laughs running up the stairs.
I place Mia on the couch taking off my shirt, putting on the new one Noah had brought.
we had gotten everything cleaned up and sat back on the couch, holding her again. I had thought about how good of a team we were, Noah and I, we would be great parents eventually.
"she is kinda cute isn't she?" jolly leans over the couch.
"it's getting late, " I yawn.
"where are you gonna put it?" Noah raises his eyebrows.
"What do you mean ? Where am I gonna put it? In our bed jackass" I shake my head. I take Mia from Noah walking up stairs "will you grab the diaper bag, babe?"
He follows me up stairs to our room as I lay Mia down on the bed.
"What should we put you in ?" I talk to her as she coos.
"What about...this one?" I smile poking at the infants chest. I hold up a pink sleeper with bunnies on the feet.
I sing to mia as I get her ready for bed, feeding her one last time. I watch as her little eyes start to close and her fists begin to ball up around her head.
"how can something so small, be so peaceful?" Noah leans his head onto my shoulder
"I don't know. " I smile. "Have you ever thought about having kids ? Of your own? " I ask.
"Yeah, all the time. I've always wanted like two kids. big house. bunch of little feet prints on the floor." he sighs. "Then I started bad omens and I just don't feel like it's in the cards for me anymore. What about you?"  He adjusted his feet on the bed.
"Of course I Have. " I look to him. "I'm just so afraid I'm gonna fuck my kids up. that and I've thought about it a lot lately. I don't trust anyone other than you." I lean my head on Noah's shoulder.
"I love you that much ya know." he says.
"I love you. She gets up every three hours to eat so I'm sleeping while she does." I say lying Mia down beside of me.
"I'm gonna stay up and play my game a little longer. get some rest." He rubs my head and then little Mia's.
I had dozed off but not fully just enough to be asleep.
it reminded me of when I would watch Willow.
I was awoken by a blood curdling cry-
the cry of a hungry baby , who's bottles were down stairs in my fridge.
"come on little love." I pick her up still crying. 
After feeding her, changing her diaper, nothing worked.
What was I doing wrong? what did I do? Who did I call to fix this? then it hit me- nick.
I opened my phone , calling no one other than nick folio.
"Hello?" he says groggily on the other side of the phone.
"Hey, you have nieces who were babies. " I say trying to soothe Mia.
"Is that a whole ass baby ?" He asks.
"Yes now get a grip. I've fed her, changed her, rocked her - nothing is working Nick. HELP." I whine.
"turn on your dryer and rest her on it while holding her-" he yawns.
"Nick that sounds stupid-" I say.
"JUST TRUST ME. Put me on speaker and do it." He demands.
As the the dryer starts whirring, Mia's cry instantly goes away.
"YOU ARE ONE SMART SON OF A BITCH NICK. I love you. sorry for bothering you this late." I say with a gentle laugh. "How did you learn to do that?" I ask.
"When my nieces were little and we weren't on tour , I stayed with them a lot. That and I do my research. The sound and motion of the dryer, simulates the sound of moms womb." He says matter of factly.
"Thank you. I owe you one. I'm gonna get her back to to sleep." I say.
"Night lil."
"Night nick"
I sat back down on the couch with Mia on my chest, sleeping till the early morning.
"do you wanna play? Right now?" I laugh cradling the baby in my legs, bouncing.
"The wheels on the bus go round and round , round and round" that has earned my a gummy newborn smile which made my heart happy.
"You two are up early." I hear Noah behind me.
"since four A.M." I laugh.
"someone was super fussy because her tummy hurted huh." I tap Mia's nose. The corner of Noah's mouth upturned into a smile.
"You are so good with kids." he says leaning against the counter.
"You are too, give yourself credit,noah." I wink from the couch.
"When is Audrey coming to get Mia?" he asks sipping a cup of coffee.
"later this afternoon." I was met with a sad face.
"Why so soon? I've enjoyed Mia being here." Noah pouts.
"This definitely won't be the last time that we keep her. tell me more about the tour." I turn to listen.
"we are officially a headliner and we will be touring all year." He sips his coffee again. "It starts in a week or two. We've already gotten the busses and everything situated. 'Liyah will be joining us but not until mid tour." he nods
"oh, I can't wait. I'm so glad to be able to see the fans and talk to them again." I smile. "These past couple of months, our socials have practically blown up and everyone loves seeing our inside lives but some of your fans are fucking nuts babe."
he nodded in agreement.
we'd discussed more about the tour and what it would be like to be on the road again and how much fun we had on the last one.
Audrey had come to pick up Mia by then.
"wanna watch something?" Noah asks sitting down on the couch beside of me.
"if I can stay awake." I giggle. We sat down on the black leather couch and Noah didn't even get the show turned on before I had drifted off to sleep.