Popular monster.

The next few days, we're tense between nick and I, to say the least.
Just the occasional "hey" and response but that is it.
Avoiding one another as much as possible. I needed to fix this, but I didn't know how.  So, I distracted myself with Aliyah and copious amounts of marijuana. 
Since we were back home for a few anyway,  I took Willow home, and I brought Aliyah with me, to meet my dad for the first time and show her around. Where I got grounded for sneaking out of my window and where I got caught sneaking home drunk.
"I'm kind of scared of your dad, Lilly." Aliyah buckles her seat belt.
"I swear he isn't THAT big of an asshole" I roll my eyes.
we drive for about thirty minutes, singing along with Willow in the car.

As we settled into the car, a sense of camaraderie and support enveloped us. Aliyah and I engaged in funny conversations, sharing stories, and discussing various topics. We aimed to make the ride as comfortable and enjoyable as possible, considering the potential nervousness that she mightve been feeling.

Willow sitting in the backseat, added a touch of innocence and playfulness to the atmosphere. She excitedly chattered away, asking questions and expressing her anticipation of reaching our parents' house. Her enthusiasm brought smiles to our faces, serving as a gentle reminder of the joy that awaited us.

As we traveled the familiar route, we pointed out landmarks and shared anecdotes about my childhood experiences at my dads house.
"WAIT - you did what there?!?" Aliyah exclaimed.
"I SNUCK OUT TO HANG OUT WITH SOME FRIENDS , but MY UNCLE ANDY LITERALLY CAUGHT ME" I laugh.
*flashback*
"Seth, my dad is literally gonna kick my ass if I get caught." I said.
"Then don't get caught." Seth laughed
"Shut up, I'll meet you in ten." I say opening the third story window.

With bated breath, i slowly opened my bedroom window, the rusty hinges protesting ever so softly. With each creak, my pulse quickened, the adrenaline coursing through my veins.
"Just jump Lillian" I said to myself
The world outside  and my friends beckoned to me , promising a taste of freedom and adventure. As i swung my legs over the windowsill and gripped the ledge, my grip tightened, my knuckles turning white. I hesitated for a brief moment, questioning my decision.
"Just fucking. JUMP"
But the allure of the unknown, the desire to break free from the confines of adolescence, proved too strong to resist. And with a leap of faith, i descended into the night, leaving behind the safety of  my bedroom, not knowing what would happen next.

With stealth and cunning, I maneuvered through the darkened garden, careful to avoid any telltale signs of my escape. The adrenaline pulsed through my veins as I crept past the garden, my heart pounding like a drum in my chest.

Just as I thought I was in the clear, a voice broke the silence, but it wasn't filled with anger or disappointment. It was Uncle Andy's voice, filled with a mix of surprise and admiration. "Well, well, well... Look at you, kiddo. I must say, I'm impressed with how far you've gotten." I turned to face him, a mix of nervousness and curiosity dancing in my eyes. "You're not going to lecture me?" I asked, my voice trembling. Uncle Andy chuckled softly and shook his head. "Nah, tonight's not about that. Hop in, we're going for a little drive." My heart skipped a beat as I slid into the passenger seat, anticipation building as the engine roared to life.
"Don't be so dense." He smiled.

As we drove through the dimly lit streets, the cool night air rushing through the open windows, Uncle Andy began to share his own rebellious tales from his youth. "You know, I was quite the troublemaker back in my day," he chuckled, his eyes reflecting a hint of nostalgia. "But I learned that sometimes, taking risks can lead to unexpected adventures and personal growth. Just remember to make wise choices and respect the boundaries set by those who care about you."

Listening to his stories, I felt a connection forming between us, bridging the gap of generations. Uncle Andy's voice held wisdom and understanding, nurturing a sense of trust that I hadn't expected. The drive became more than just a punishment; it became a journey of bonding and shared experiences.