An Unfortunate Accident

April 2007, Hospital Room

"Uhh... Where am I?" Eric began waking up. He felt his body in absolute pain that he couldn't move.

"You have been in a coma for four days. It's a miracle you're even alive." The doctor explained.

Eric tried getting up, but his legs were absolutely ruined. He could see several casts in his legs and torso.

"Argh!! It hurts so much!!" Nam cried out in pain.

"You were in a car accident Nam-ssi. Apparently, the vehicle you were in lost control and flipped over across the highway. Your body was found 20 meters from the crash site it's a good thing your managers called right away otherwise you might have not survived." The doctor explained.

Suddenly the memory came back to him. The boys just finished a radio show discussing his recent graduation. Shortly after him and the boys were driving on the highway until the car began sliding. He tried grabbing onto the seat but found his legs getting crushed by the impact. Last thing he remembered he was being thrown away like missile. He temporarily lost consciousness, but he heard Leeteuk praying for him. It was only a few seconds before he blacked out.

"WHERE'S KYUHYUN HE WAS SITTING ACROSS FROM ME!! WHERE ARE THE HYUNGS AT?" Eric was in panic mode.

"You need to remain calm if you want your injuries to heal. Thankfully the other members aren't too injured some have minor cuts and bruises, others with a fractured arm or leg, but you and Kyuhyun were the most severe. Kyuhyun is at another room across from you being cared for."

Eric Nam breathed a sigh of relief. Never in a million years he would he imagine going through a car accident. He thanked God for surviving from such a horrific ordeal. He tried clenching his fingers, they hurt but it wasn't broken. He then checked to see his body and it was true, his body was mostly wrecked with bandages wrapped all over. Thankfully he could he move his neck and his spine was still intact. His left arm was bruised, but not broken, but his other arm was in a cast where it was in a resting position.

The worst part were his legs which was fractured. It was too painful to move, but they were wrapped on a sling where it was resting comfortably.

"What do I do now? Can I call my parents at least?" Eric asked, distressed.

"Unfortunately, you need to focus on recovering. As much as I would love to, protocols wouldn't allow to. All I can say is that your members can stay there for you if you want." The doctor said with a hint of sadness.

"Call Ryeowook in jebal?"

"I'll check to see how his conditions are." The doctor bowed before closing the door.

Eric took a deep breath to calm himself.

"It hasn't been a full year and this happens. It's a miracle I'm even alive." Nam laid back to his pillow. He then heard the door open to reveal a distressed Wookie.

"ERIC!!" he tried to hug him, but the doctor held him back.

"Be gentle with our patients, his bones are still fractured!! You can sit down right here." The doctor guided Wookie to the chair.

"Wookie, am I glad to see you. How are the other members?"

"Everyone else is recovering, but I'm more worried about you and Kyuhyun!! I saw you fly out of the car. I almost thought you were going to die!!" He cried out squeezing Eric's hand.

"Well by the grace of God I survived. Don't cry Wookie, I promise I'm going to heal." Eric reassured his friend.

"Popular boy group Super Junior was involved in a serious car accident this past week. The car reportably lost control and flipped over a few times before the vehicle was found upside down with several of the members inside."