A heartwarming birthday

November 2008

Things have been a busy year for Eric Nam. With Super Junior touring, the other groups filled their spot. SHINee's Replay was well received by the public for their choreography and their R&B concept. The public fell in love with maknae Taemin, becoming one of the youngest idols to debut.

Henry became the second Chinese idol after Hangeng to debut in a major group and Shawols were captivated by his musical talents and flawless dancing skills. Even though Minho and Kibum have set aside their differences, their rivalry still continues.

Wonder Girls blew up to phenomenal heights with Tell me with its dance becoming a viral sensation. Nobody became the largest hit of the year, so much so that the American market began to take notice. Nam personally congratulated Yubin with their success.

Other groups did just as well. Big Bang follows up with Haru Haru, Kara reformed their group with two new additional members after one had already left, returning with a cute concept. Legend, Lee Hyori shook the country with U Go Girl marking her return to music.

This year have been particularly fierce with SS501 and TVXQ. Their comebacks have created a shift in Kpop that the music was steering towards more to an Electropop direction.

Life was good with Eric Nam. Not only he held the spot of being the first American idol and maknae, but he was well liked by pretty much everyone and was going to a prestigious university, but he felt something missing.

His own family.

Eric admitted he acted pretty rashly to beg his parents to fly here and audition. Had he failed, he most likely would've been trapped, working on some 9 to 5 to save money to return home. Thankfully that outcome didn't happen because that would be scary.

"It's been three years since I auditioned. I wonder how ma and pa are doing. Eddie and Brian must be grown up by now. I miss those days." He sighed to himself while tutoring Seohyun.

"Oppa are you okay?" Seohyun asked with genuine concern.

"I'm fine, just remembering some old faces back home." Eric chuckled.

"You must be talking about your family. Although I never experienced it first-hand, I can only imagine the pain of being apart.

"I must be that easy to read Seohyun-ah. You're right I'm talking about my family. Before I moved to Korea I lived with parents and two younger brothers."

"Wait you have siblings oppa?" Seohyun questioned.

"Two younger brothers as a matter of fact." Eric pulled out a picture of Nam's family.

"Wow oppa you looked very cute as a child!" Seohyun said looking at the picture.

"Yeah Seohyun I sure was the wonder child. I think that's enough about that I'm more concerned about your school progress."

"I'm okay oppa, have you seen my grades? I think I could give Taeyeon a run for her money." Seohyun laughed.

"To be honest Hyoyeon-ah should be here. Her grade is pretty lousy."

"Well that's because she never bothers to do her work! How does she expect to graduate when she does the bare minimum!?" Seohyun crossed her arms.

"I know what you mean, Eunhyuk always slacks off from his work."

"Hyoyeon unnie is not the only one. I'm afraid Sooyoung unnie is getting too comfortable with school that she's neglecting her work. I just want to be the best I can be." Seohyun said with determination.