Kibum's Recovery

February 2009

"Ahhh what a wonderful day." Eric got off his bed. He looked around to see Ryeowook and Kyuhyun already gone.

"I must be late again."

"Thank you for replying to my message. The reason I have called you fourteen boys because it's time for Super Junior to return. As usual competition is growing and it's time for you fourteen to return for a major comeback. This year's goal will be focused and completing the next album. I want you boys to really aim for international market. With this year's competition expecting to grow, it's critical you hold nothing back. Once that is over, Super-M will return again for a second album. I have said what I needed to say, you are all dismissed. Good luck to every of you" Sooman announced before he dismissed them.

"Finally after months of non stop touring we get to do another song." Heechul stretched his arms.

"I never seen ajusshi this serious, he must really have complete trust in us." Leeteuk said.

"With JYP's boy group, ajusshi has a good reason to be concerned." Siwon pointed out.

"It's like the competition keeps growing and growing. There are rumors already of a YG girl group. Imagine a female Big Bang to go against?" Eunhyuk chuckled.

"That would be crazy! Our girls did well in January with the new song, but with those rumours around, even they'll have to face competition." Sungmin said, feeling anxious.

"More competition!? Will be prepared?" Shindong began shaking his legs.

"If he's given us this much trust, then he knows we're ready. We shouldn't be afraid of something like this. We conquered harder challenges than this." Donghae said in a motivational tone.

"Exactly, as long as we work together, we can do anything. Part of fandom name derives from ever lasting friendship." Leeteuk said before the boys got to work.

Myongji University

"You're guys coming back?" Asked Ailee sipping a bottle of orange juice.

"Yep, we already begun preparations." Eric replied eating some delicious kimbap.

"What are y'all saying?" Yubin sat nearby, not understanding.

"Super Junior is coming back." Ailee replied.

"About time, you guys were missing last year." Yubin stated.

"That's because we were busying touring. I got to travel all over Asia." Nam smiled at the fond memories.

"That's cool, our first tour won't start until next week. We'll be performing in the U.S" Yubin said.

"I'm so jealous,I haven't got the chance to visit the States."

"Maybe the next tour you'll have the chance. I have to go right now, good luck dude on your comeback." Yubin got up from his seats.

"Gomawo for sitting with us." Ailee said.

"It's no probs I probably won't be here as much, so give me a call you two when you're available." Yubin said waving goodbye.

Ailee and Eric were walking back to the main campus. This became of his favorite things to do in college. The weather was pretty chilly, but walking with a close friend sure does make these days more pleasant.

Once class was over he returned to his dormroom to see his hyungs crowding up a room.

"What what's going on hyungs? Why are you crowding up here?" Eric scoot in to see Kibum on his bed, with an injured leg.

"Kibum-ah fell during practice. Unfortunately he may have to step out from practice." Donghae informed him.

"Poor Kibum-ah." Kyuhyun said feeling sympathetic.

Eric reached further inside as sat from the other bed where Sungmin was sitting nearby.

"Guys stop worrying about me. I'll be fine geez, you act like I'm going to die." Kibum sighed in annoyance.

"Of course we're worried about you Kibum-ah. You have to tell ajusshi about this."

"It's just one small injury, I just need to walk it out. I should be fine by tomorrow." Kibum reassured them.

"Dude you twisted your ankle. There's no way in hell you can perform, at least not right now. You need to get that shit treated." Eunhyuk pointed out.

"He's right, remember the last time you got injured. You need to take of yourself better." Siwon advised.

Seeing there's no choice Kibum sighed. Because of his injury he was advised to stay on his bed.

"Mwo, Kibum-ah got injured?" Sooman exclaimed.

"Unfortunately yes, his left leg is twisted pretty badly. He may have to sit this one out until he gets better." Leeteuk informed him.

"Right now he's laying on his bed. He tried to play it off, but we told him it was better to heal up than to risk another injury." Siwon clarified.

"Considering this been happening more frequently, it's best for him that he sir this out." Sooman scratched his head for a solution.

"What do we do now ajusshi? We been working the past week barely keeping up the choreography." Eric pointed out.

"With the recurring problem, I may have to put Kibum-ssi on hiatus until he recovers. Your choreography will remain the same, you don't have to worry about a massive change. I appreciate you notifying me." Sooman replied with a disappointing expression.

The boys return as nothing ever happened. While the remaining thirteen continue to perform, Kibum was forced to stay at his dorms, waiting his leg to recover.

Kibum sighed for probably the hundredth time. He was frustrated with himself, no matter how hard he work, he struggled to keep up with the rest of the members. Kibum never had a problem with the active lifestyle, growing up he played baseball. Only now that he was really beginning to struggle. He contemplated his time with Super Junior, the stress during debut, the joy he had doing SMTOWN, the laughs he had leading to Don't Don, arguably his best moment in the group.

"So many things happened during those three years. I should be more happy being an idol. Why do I still feel miserable?" Kibum thought. Once again he checked for any sign of the boys. Deciding it was pointless, he went to sleep.

Kibum lost count how many days he was in bed. He was beginning to hate being stuck over here. When was this madness going to end? Will be healed enough to appear in the upcoming comeback? Would he feel satisfied returning back into the group. Surely there was more to life than just touring and promoting.

One week Later

"What's all this for?" Kibum gasped, surprised at the gifts the boys recieved him.

"We noticed how sad you were from the injury." Yesung said.

"We thought we could cheer you up at least. Lately, you haven't been yourself and it's been worrying me. We could hangout here if you like, just the fourteen of us." Nam handed him a CD of acoustics and R&B music, a poster of the upcoming album, and a get well card from each of the members.

"Wow, you didn't have to go all the extra mile for me." Kibum was stunned.

"It's least we can do." Shindong said.

"We're a team and we want you to feel comfortable." Heechul said with a smile.

"We wanted to remind you how important you are to us. We been friends since the very beginning." Donghae chuckled handing him a gift card to a bookstore he liked to check for new novels.

Kibum felt tears falling down.

"You guys." He wiped his tears, smiling genuinely for the first time in months.

"Let's watch a movie for tonight, the ones you enjoy." Hangeng said.

"We even ordered takeout in advance." Siwon grinned with the credit card he used.

"I'm so glad to see Kibum feeling better. I hope he heals so we can perform together." Nam thought hopefully as Kibum and the boys popped in a movie from Netflix movie: The Chaser.