SM The Ballad

November-December 2010

"We're here ajusshi what is it you called us over?" Kyuhyun said as Eric, Jonghyun, and Jay from the band Trax stood at his office.

"I've called you here because you five because you will part of new unit called SM the Ballad. Every few months I will call you all to sing for a drama. Think of a it like a special project between your co-workers." Sooman announced.

"Five of us?" Nam questioned before they heard the door open revealing a young male trainee.

"I'm sorry for being late." Jinho said catching his breath.

"Is this kid a trainee? He should be in the training room?" Kyuhyun said with a raised eyebrow.

"That may be true, but he possesess a great vocal ability far beyond any trainee. He will joining you boys for the mean time so please be kind to him." Sooman responded in a tone that meant no argument.

And so the boys were at the studio room as they all prepared to sing.

"It's an honor to be here with you sunbaes. I hope you're impressed." Jinho said shyly.

"You're a good kid Jinho. I heard your rehearsals and I was like wow!" Nam said in amazement.

"I know this kid on some other level, but let us begin." Jonghyun urges them as they recorded their voice.

The first sign they sang was a love ballad, like the ones you hear from a sentimental K drama. It's about wanting to be back with your significant other and loving them no matter what. The second song was a straight up R&B track about an intimate moment between lovers. Eric almost instantly of Ailee yet again. The question of whether he should "take her out" always seemed to appear on his head. Granted, he was only imaging and he didn't feel like getting in trouble by the media, but it was always fun imaging.

[Kyuhyun] Geureul itji motaeseo

apahanayo
Geudaega isseul jariga yeogin aningayo
[Eric] Nareul wihan georamyeon
chameul pillyo eobtjyo
Eonjengan kkeutnabeoril teni

[Jonghyun] Nae sarangi

jejariro oji motago
Heullin nunmulmankeum meolli ganeyo
[Jino] Naneun ijeoya hajyo
geudae neomu geuriwo
Nareul apeuge haljineun mollado ijeoyo

[Eric] Babo gateun

naran geol geudaen anayo
Gaseumi jjijeojineunde useumman naojyo
[Jino] Eonjekkajirado nan
gidaryeo nae nunmul gamchumyeo
Naege doraogin haneun geongayo

[Kyuhyun] Nae sarangi

jejariro oji motago
Heullin nunmulmankeum meolli ganeyo
[Jay] Naneun ijeoya hajyo
geudae neomu geuriwo
Nareul apeuge haljineun mollado ijeoyo

([Jay] Ijeoyo)

[Jino] Ijeoya haneun
geon jiwoya haneun geon
[Eric] Naegen
neomuna eoryeoun irijyo