Chapter 32

JARED'S POV
"Are you ready?" I yelled to everyone.
"Yeah, yeah. Calm down." Tomo and Vicki appeared in new outfits. Vicki on shorts, a casual shirt and sneakers. Tomo in jeans, a Metallica shirt and sneakers.
"Shannon! Boat's leaving!"
"Give him some time. He can't most so fast." Tomo reminded.
"Shit Bro. We've got lots of time. What's your rush?" Shannon walked into the hall.
"Just want to get there and check out the booths before it gets too busy." I was itching to get there.
"Did you talk to Lisa?" Vicki asked Shannon.
"She'll be up tomorrow. Her dad's leaving and wants to spend time with him." He nodded.
"That's sweet." She smiled.
"Yeah just cute. Can we go now? " I was bouncing in my spot.
"Christ. If it gets you to calm down, okay." Shannon shook his head.
We headed for the door and to the car. We'd drive to the grounds. The festival attracted huge crowds from all over. Tents and other structures were scattered around, selling food, t-shirts and other merchandise as souvenirs. Emma met us at the artists entrance and told us about the radio and TV spots, which took about two hours to get through. Checking the exhibits, we looked over tables of homemade jewelry, t-shirts and banners. Making plans to meet later, Tomo and Vicki went their own way as Shannon and I headed toward the stages.

SHANNON'S POV
The music changed from local bands, to up and comers, to house DJs. There were loads of fans of the band and we signed several autographs and took pictures. As the sun went down, the crowds got japes view and it got harder to move around. As much as I enjoyed the music and atmosphere, my injuries were still bothering me and I knew that the aches would start over soon. Plus I still hadn't caught up on my sleep and I wanted to be rested for when Lisa came up.
"Jared!" I yelled over the alternative band that was playing. "Hey Bro! I'm going to head out!"
"What?!" Jared leaned closer.
"I'm going back to the house!"
"You staring to get sore again?!"
"Yeah!"
"You want the car?!"
"No! I'm sure that there's a taxi I can grab. See you later! Have fun!"
"Okay! See you later!"
Slapping him on the shoulder, I began to make my way back to the separate exit. Getting into a cab, I have the address and relaxed until getting to the house, where I showered the heat and sweat away, took my meds and went to bed. Once Lisa arrived, we'd have an amazing time together. I fell asleep slowly, not sure if I heard the door close downstairs, or the footsteps come up the hall. I figured it was everyone coming back and let myself go to sleep.

LISA'S POV
The phone rang as Daddy and I sat watching an old movie. We'd explored downtown, took pictures with all the character actors near the Chinese Theater, looked at cement imprints and searched for stars on the Walk Of Fame. We had a quiet dinner and started an old Bette Davis movie before we'd go to bed and rest before getting up early to go to the airport. I looked at the number curiously.
"It's Richard." I was surprised. "Hello?"
"Hello darling. Did I catch you at a bad time?" His accented voice replied.
"No. Daddy and I are watching a movie."
"Well say hi to the old dog for me."
"Okay."
"Listen Luv. I had to call you. The show's been moved up for the charity event. Are you able to come to New York sooner?"
"How soon?"
"Tomorrow night?"
"That soon? I was supposed to meet Shannon at Coachella tomorrow."
"You know that I wouldn't ask if I didn't have to. They need to know what materials they may need and you would need to have a days to rest before starting. Get settled into the condo."
"I, uh..."
"Please Luv. I know that you'd love to see your man but I really need you here." He pleaded.
I sighed. "Okay. I'll get the plane out and call you when I arrive."
"Thank you. You're a sweetheart. See you soon. Bye."
"Bye." I switched off the phone.
"What's up?" Daddy asked.
"The show's been moved up. He asked me to go to New York tomorrow to start."
"Oh. What about the music festival?"
"I won't be able to,go. I'll have to call Shannon and tell him."
"He'll understand."
"We were planning one more week together, before he started touring again. Now I can't tell him goodbye in person."
I started to get upset. Since we'd been together, we never missed a goodbye. Daddy hugged me.
"Oh Honey. Don't cry. You'll see him when they get to New York." He comforted.
"I just hate leaving so suddenly like this."
"Come on. I'll help you pack some things. You can get other stuff when you get there. Then you can call him and talk. Okay?"
"Guess that I'd better."
"Come on."
We shut off the movie, went to my room and started to gather what I wanted to bring with me.