CHAPTER 2

After 25 interminable minutes listening to the yellow submarine song while the driver danced at the rhythm of that song, I see my parents house, the one where I lived part of my life, the one where I was happy, the one where I never felt lonely, the one where I felt loved.

I open the door to see the cozy and homely house where my best memories happened.
I close the door and I immediately see my mom's head turning around from the sofa and landing her eyes on me.

-Maddieee, OMG look how beautiful you have gotten- she says, I could see the tears coming out from her eyes while she ran from the sofa to me.

She engulfs me into a big hug while crying.

-You have no idea about how bad I missed you- she has tears falling all over her face while she tries to wipe them.

-I missed you too mom- I say, looking again trough the house, it is a little bit different as I had remembered it. The walls are now painted of this white cream and I think my mom has changed the curtains as well. I can still see some photos of my childhood and the decoration is now modernized.

-You sure you don't want to stay here?? I prepared your bedroom, is the same as always, well I changed some things, some photos that I have seen in your instagram and I have also-

-Mom, it is okay, thanks but I prefer to stay in the hotel- I say, interrupting her, I feel so bad for her, I know she was excited but I don't like depending on other people because of my lasts relationships, and I know that it might sound stupid but I have to be independent.

Her face lit down a little bit and I immediately felt bad but I needed to do this for me.

-But I'll visit like every day to update you if I get the role I promise- I say, trying to make her feel better.

-I am sure you'll get it- she says, giving me a small smile.

-So where is dad?- I ask, I didn't have the same relationship with my mom that with my dad but I still wanted to greet him since I haven't seen him for almost three years. He taught me everything that I know about photography/ cameras and I am grateful for the dad that I have. Although, I know he is not very happy with me since he forbade me going to LA, and I didn't even say goodbye to him the day that I left I still want to start my life from cero, so at least I want to talk to him.

-Oh, right now he is in Illinois, in his best friend's bachelor party.He is going to stay there for three days if I am not wrong, he wanted to come to see you though, but since Max (his best friend) is going to move with his wife to Utah these are like their lasts days together- She says while sitting again on the sofa.

-Oh, didn't know Max was going to get married again- I say, I wasn't sad at all, do not get me wrong, I love my dad, but he being in Illinois let me have a few days to prepare myself or this conversation. I didn't want to have it today since I am already pretty tired and nervous for the audition.

-Yes, you know how he is, anyways I made you your favorite dessert, the one that I always make on Christmas, you can stay here until you have the audition.- she says, this time I can't say no, she made my favorite dessert and I also wanna stay with her.

-Of course, I mean, I have the audition in 4 hours ish so I can stay here- I say hugging her again, I have missed her so much, she has always supported me.

We sit on the couch and talk for hours, I update her about my life and she does as well even though nothing has really changed in the family since we don't have that much of family members, apparently everything is the same. However, everything in my life is different, i am not the same Maddie, not after all that I have gone through .