CHAPTER 52

You sure you packed everything?- Chase asks me as we glance the hotel room where we'd been staying these last couple of days.

-I think so, now let's get early to the airport or we'll miss our plane- I say as we head to the elevator with our bags.

We get down to the lobby and there's her, that annoying women that was flirting with Chase in front of me.
She smiles at him and I can see him trying to keep it polite, in order to not make me mad.

-Bye- she tells us, or, tells him- by the way- she says- which makes us both turn around since we were kind of ignoring her - here's your hoodie Chase, you left it at my room last night- as he hands him the Florida hoodie.

I suddenly feel an internal pain, all of sudden my stomach hurt so bad and I thought I was going to faint.
As tears form in my eyes I try to get out of the hotel as Chase follows me.

-Mads- he says grabbing my face- it's not what you are thinking.

I look at him and try my hardest to not cry- I know, I trust you- I say as I smile a little bit.

He pecks me on the lips and then kisses my neck- I love you babe, now let's find an uber.

After being stuck in the Toronto traffic for some long minutes, we finally make it to the airport. The most stressful place in the world.
I was trying to get all the thoughts of my head, but I couldn't.
Was he on her room last night? Did they sleep together? Would he cheat on me? Was I enough for him?

-Maddie, maddie- he says trying to catch my attention.

-sorry what?- I say smiling a little bit, trying to look normal.
If I caused another scene, he would leave me, it would be all my fault and I couldn't live without him.
I can't get jealous or he'll think I haven't moved on from my past.
There are millions of girls after him and I can't let them be with him.

-You sure you are okay?- he says.

-Just stressed, you know how much I hate these places- I tell him.

-I know babes, just hold my hand and It'll be over before you know it, I love you, thanks for trusting me- he says.

I smile as we wait on the check out point.
After an hour or so, we are finally on our gate and before we both realize we are walking through the plain, looking for our seats.

-Ladies and gentleman, I hope you have an amazing flight- the pilot says.

I feel my eyes getting tired and, I decide to take a nap, since I hardly slept tonight.

After a few hours I slowly open them, noticing chase's eyes on me- hey- I tell him as he gets closer.

-Hey- he says- you looked so peaceful were you dreaming about me?

I laugh as I roll my eyes- of course- I say as I kissed him.

We keep joking between us till I start feeling my phone vibrating.
I almost have a heart attack but then I remembered that we paid for the wifi's service.

-Who is it?- he asks me as I unlock my phone.

I shrug because I didn't have that number on my contacts.

'Hey Maddie, I'm Lucas, remember me? Your parents told me you've been staying in Georgia and since I'm there, I thought we could meet'
'You have to tell me so many things! I've seen you've been filming with great directors'

-Who is Lucas- he asks me.

-Oh, just an old friend, we filmed a short film together and our parents have been friends for so long- I explain him as I text Lucas that I'd love to see him again.

-Does he have a girlfriend?- Chase asks me which makes me laugh.

-I dunno, I haven't seen him for ages- I tell him.

-Are you going to meet with him?- he asks, and I can suddenly feel some seriousness in his voice.

-Um... Probably? Why?

-Nothing- he says as he goes in his phone.

-I mean, as long as it's okay with you- I tell him, deleting the message I just sent.

-I'd rather you stayed at home, with me, you know?- he tells me as his hand rubs my thigh.

-Okay- I say smiling- we have lots of things to do anyway.

-Oh yeah- he says as he whispers in my ear- you'll be mine and we won't get out of bed ever.

-I don't think you'll be able to last that long though- that makes him laugh.

-Oh, cause you will right?- he says as he introduces his hand on my sweatpants.
Thanks god our legs were covered by a blanket or I'm sure someone would throw us off the plane.

-Chase- I say on my breath.

He looks at me with a hungry smile as I say- not here.

He bites his lips and then bites my lip- Get ready for tonight then.

I laugh as we continue cuddling (or trying to) in these uncomfortable seats.

-And we are finally home- he says as we get in the elevator of our apartment complex.

-You can't imagine how much I want to leave these tiny shoebox-sized apartments- I tell him as we open the door of my apartment.

-Yeah same- he says- we better start packing because I want to arrive to Georgia as soon as possible.

We start packing our things, which weren't a lot considering the size of the apartments, and we start loading them in Chase's car.
We'd decided that my car would stay in Charleston and my parents would send it to Georgia whenever they could.

-I think this is the last box- he says as he puts it on the back seats- the car is literally going to explode.

I giggle a little and I get in- do you wanna do half and half or are you going to drive the whole trip?- I ask him as I open a bag of Cheetos.

-Considering I want to arrive alive, I think I'll drive the whole time- he says.

-You are so funny- I say as I roll my eyes.

-I know- he says as he tries to grab some Cheetos.

-Nope, now you'll have to starve- I say giggling.

We'd had already been driving for 5 hours and my legs had started to feel numb- wow, my butt is gonna get straight if we keep sat like this for much longer.

-Your ass will never get bad, believe me- he says as he rubs my thigh.

-Will you ever stop being nasty?- I tell him as we both laugh.

I grab my phone to reply some texts that I hadn't had the chance to, since my agenda was too complete to have any time of my own.

I reply to some friends, family members and take the chance to post on insta.
I smile as I go through my camera roll as I remember the fun time we had filming obx.

-Is it Lucas?- he asks, I suppose because he had seen me smiling.

-No- i say giggling- are you jealous?

He immediately gets serious- No and don't ever say that again.

That takes me aback- wow, why?

-I'm not jealous of anyone and will never be, I trust you though you can't say the same- he tells me.

-What are you talking about now?- I tell him, did I fuck up?

-Maddie, even if you try to hide it I know you don't trust me, you probably think I slept with the lady from the hotel, it's really hard to make you trust someone you know?

-What does that have to do now? You were literally asking about Lucas and now you are back again with that lady chase? I literally said I trust you what are you on?

-Don't talk to me like th-

-You are the one talking shit to me Chase, saying I don't trust anyone and that I'm really difficult to be with- I tell him as some tears start forming in my eyes.

He says nothing to me and those are the last words I've heard from him in a week.