CHAPTER 20

I woke up by the light of the sun coming through the blinds, I open my eyes to see a sleepy Chase right next to me. I couldn't move that much since his arms were around my body and my head on his chest.
I try to grab my phone from the nightstand to see that it was 11 AM and that I had 300 unread messages from different people from the crew, cast...

I hear Chase yawning and I look at him as he rubs his tired eyes- hi- he says with a deeper voice than usual, that voice that I used to love.

-Hi- I say to him, trying to get off of him.

-What time is it?- he asks, still rubbing his eyes.

-eleven.

-Oh- he says a little bit surprised- um.. I am going to my apartment to shower and those things, I'll see you later okay?- he kisses my forehead and gets up, going to his place.

-Bye- I say, staying in bed for a little longer.

After an hour and a half I decide that it was best to take a shower since I hadn't brushed my hair for days and I looked disgusting.
I get off from the shower and I start doing my skin care and whatnot, I try not to think a lot about everything but I end up doing it.
I couldn't sleep with Chase everyday only because I didn't want to be alone, I couldn't be in this apartment any longer, I didn't want to do that since I promised my self not to but staying with my parents was probably for the best even though I didn't like depending on other people.

Someone knocks at the door, I roll my eyes and I yell- Chase you have your own keys.

The person knocks again and sighing I put on my clothes really quickly and I open it.
My jaw drops.

-Caro??- I say, as she hugs me- what are you doing here??

She enters in my apartment- are you okay??- she asks, serious.

-um..wha..what do you mean??- I say confused.

-Mads, I know what happened- she says and I have to lay on the wall to not faint.

-H..how.. who told you??- I ask her.

-Jack and Noah- she says.

What??- do you know them?

-They are Taylor and Abby's boyfriends- she says sitting on a chair.

I gasp.

-They were telling them the whole thing that happened with Luke, since he tried to do the same with Taylor and um.... As soon as they said 'Maddie' 'sweet girl' and 'Charleston' , we knew that they were talking about you.

Some tears roll down my face, again.

-Heyy Maddie- she says engulfing me in a hug, - it is okay, you are so strong- she keeps repeating me.

I start sobbing and I see Chase entering my apartment, confused as he sees me crying.
Caro turns around.

They both stay quiet while I try to not cry anymore.

-Um... hi I am Caro- she says giving him a kiss on the cheek.

-Chase- he says, still confused.

-What happened Mads?- he says hugging me.

I shrug.

Caro knew about how I felt about him, but she didn't know that I did not feel it anymore.

-Well Maddie, I came here because of a maybe new role, but I wanted to visit you as soon as I had a free spot, please keep me updated okay??- she asks me, grabbing both of my hands.

I nod.
-I'll call you every day- she says hugging me- and yeah, he is hot- she whispers in my ear which earns a little smile from me.

-Bye- I say to her as I hug her for the last time.

-Bye and nice too met you chase- she says opening the door.

-You too- he says as she leaves.

As soon as the door closes he looks at me and kisses my forehead- wanna go to your parents'?- he asks.

I just nod- jack and Noah are my bestfriends' boyfriends- I say, still surprised.

-Your LA friends??- he asks in shock.

I nod.

-Oh- he says- that's cool.

I nod, again.

-Wanna go on my car?- he asks, and if I wanted to stay in my parents' house it was better to go on mine.

I shake my head.

-Okay so then we'll go on yours- he says as he opens the door.

-Wait a second- I say going to my room to grab my suitcase.

He looks at me with a confused look.

-I wanna stay there- I say as we leave the apartment and he takes my suitcase.

I look at him and I can see a sad look on his eyes- um..yeah of course- he says, a little bit sad.

The car ride is silent, I tried to look at him with the corner of my eye and I could see him staring at me. When we finally arrive, I was as nervous as ever, my hands shaking a little bit, I just wanted my mom to be okay. The last times she didn't talk for days and I felt guilty because everything was my fault.

Chase notices my shaking hands and says- It's okay Maddie- while rubbing my hands- you ready??- he asks before ringing the bell.

I shrug and then nod.

He rings the bell and not even a minute later my mom opens us the door, she had puffy eyes and she hugs me as soon as she sees me.

-Hi- she says- how are you??

I shrug.

-Maddie you are so strong and I am so proud of you- she says holding my head with both of her hands.

She looks at Chase and gives him a big hug- Thanks Chase, I love you a lot as well- she says, still hugging him.

He smiles and we enter the house, my mom sees the suitcase and I can see her surprised and at the same time confused look.

-What's that??- she asks pointing my suitcase.

-Can I stay??- I say.

-Of course you can- she says smiling.

Chase just stares at both of us, not knowing what to do when my dad enters in the living room.
He hugs me as well, stroking my head and kissing my forehead.

-I love you so much- he says, his eyes filling with some tears.

I smile at him not looking at him so much since I would start crying, again.

And like that, we spend the whole day there, my parents and Chase tried to talk about work and things like that to distract me a little bit and then we watched some movies before my dad left for work.

-Well- Chase says- I'm gonna leave as well, Mark can you give me a lift to the apartments?? We came with Maddie's car- he says.

-Of course son- he says.

I stand up and go to the hall to say goodbye to Chase.

-Bye- I say to him, smiling a little bit.

-Bye- he says as he hugs me and kisses my forehead- I'll text you.

I nod.

We both stare at each others eyes till my father calls him and he leaves, like that. Making me feel empty without him being around. But it was for the best, I guess.