CHAPTER 22

At this point we had watched 5 episodes of Sponge Bob and I was starving.

-You wanna eat something?- I ask him since I couldn't stand my stomach roars any longer.

-oh yeah it's almost two- he says looking at the clock- um... i have some vegetables and some chicken from yesterday- he says thinking.

-Okay- I say smiling a little bit.

He stands up and opens the fridge (which was almost empty) and grabs the two Tupperware with chicken and vegetables in them. He puts some vegetables in two plates and does the same with the chicken (putting a little bit more on mine).

There is this awkward silence between us which makes me think about when was the last time we had an actual conversation.

September
This was my first day going back to work and after everything that had happened, acting was the only thing that I could think about.

Portraying Sarah's feelings made me feel so much better that I sometimes even forgot what I'd been through not even a week ago.

Drew and Austin have been very supportive and I can say the same with the rest, even though some of them treated me like I was broken.

Chase and I had been talking again but just between our scenes and breaks.
I really don't feel anything for him, it's like all my feelings had evaporated.
I don't know what's going on his mind but I hope that we can go back to being friends.
And if not, I just hope that we can have a formal costars relationship.
That is all I'm asking for.

-Maddie- someone says, which makes me turn around.

-We have to refilm the bell tower scenes- Chase says.

Great.

-Oh- that's all I can say.

-I know- he says giggling a bit as he touches his hair- you wanna get going? they are already setting some cameras.

-Let's go then- I say.

As we walk to the bell tower set, i start remembering it all again.
Chase seems to notice that and grabs my hand- you are gonna do great- he says as he rubs my face with his thumb.

I smile a bit and we continue walking.

Once we are there, we meet with Valerie, the director of that episode who engulfs me in a hug as soon as she sees me.
Don't get me wrong, I really appreciated that but again, they were treating me as if I was broken and I wasn't, I was just healing.

After a few rehearsals and several make out sessions we hear the one and only word -and action-

To our surprise, we only had to repeat that 8 times, which isn't actually a lot.
But, Valerie and Jonas agreed that they were pretty satisfied with the result so they let us go.

Like always, I started overthinking.
Maddie from the past would be jumping of happiness if she had gotten this kind of intimate moment with Chase.
Maddie from the present doesn't feel anything anymore.
Of course she stills love him and her eyes get sparkly whenever she looks at him but it was different. I couldn't tell why or how but I knew that something had changed and I knew that we had to talk.

-Hey Chase- I say which makes him turn around since he walked faster than me and stop.

He smiles a bit- what?

-We need to talk- I tell him.

He just nods and we go to his trailer, where I sat down and he did the same, leaving a small space between the two of us.