CHAPTER 37

—————————-—————————-——
⚠️⚠️TW: rape⚠️⚠️
—————————————————————

-Chase, hand me the towel pleasee- i say laughing as he gets out of the shower and starts doing a silly dance.

-You can dry up in this one as well- he says opening his arms.

I finally get out of the shower and he wraps the towel around us, looking at the mirror.

-Look, we look like a married old couple- he says, pointing at us.

I just laugh, resting my head on his chest till his phone starts ringing.

-My mom- he says showing me his screen.

-Answer her- I say as if it was the most obvious thing.

-Mads it's a facetime- he says.

-Oh- i say- well don't show me i say shrugging.

-Hi mum!!- he says as he places his phone on the sink,

-Oh where you having a shower? i'm sorry i can call you later- she says.

-Don't worry mom, we have the photoshoot later so i won't be able to talk to you- he says smiling- what do you want?

-Is Maddie there?- she asks as Chase and i immediately look at each other with a what-are-we-supposed-to-do kind of look.

Her mom seems to understand the whole thing because she says- oh, she is also there isn't she? hi Maddie!.

I just laugh as I show my hand on the screen- Hii Jen- i say laughing as chase's cheeks turn red.

-Hi!!- she says laughing- well, i have found plane tickets for next week, and not only to Florida but also to Canada- she tells us, happier than ever.

-MOM YOU ARE KIDDING MEE- chase says so happily that it melts my heart- thank you so much.

-Yeahhh Jen, thank you so much!! we love you- I say with the biggest smile on my face.

-And they are not anything out of price, so it's perfect, i'll send them to you via mail, byee guys- she says, hanging up.

I stare at Chase for a few minutes before his eyes start filling with tears.

I just hug him, he hiding his head on my neck, some sobs coming through his mouth.

-I haven't seen her since March- he says sobbing.

-You are so strong, I know she is so special to you and you have been through a lot alone, I look up to you a lot, i really do- i say, words coming out of my mouth, my brain speaking its truth.

He looks down at me, i could see that he was happy, things were starting to go good for him, for us.

-I love you- he says kissing my forehead- no one has ever made me feel this way.

-I love you more, i couldn't be more grateful right now- i say- now can we leave? because we are gonna be late- i say laughing a little while i wiped some of his tears away, i hadn't seen him crying that much, so it has really left a mark on me.

He just laughs and we both start dressing up, just some pants and a hoodie, nothing too casual.

A few minutes after finding a spot to park, which hadn't been easy, we both get out of the car.

-So just friends right?- he asks as we walk to the studio.

-Yeah, i guess so- i say as i looked at him-for how long are we gonna pretend?