CHAPTER 18

I open my eyes and I feel a little bit lost till I remember that I am at Madison's. I try to get up when I feel the biggest headache ever.

-Hi- Madison says smiling as she enters in her room- how you feeling??

I shrug- headache- I say to her.

-That's what I expected, here- she says handing me a glass with water and a pill- this will make it way better.

-Thanks- I say smiling a little bit, taking some sips of water and swallowing the pill.

-You wanna go to the living room??- she asks.

-Bailey i am okay, you don't need to ask for everything- I say to her trying to smile- what time is it??

-1 pm- she says looking at her phone.

-Oh- I say surprised and I try to get up to go to the living room, where I lay down on the couch.

-You wanna talk?- she asks.

I shrug and I focus on the wall.

-Maddie just say something please, I wanna know what you are thinking about- she says worried, lying down next to me.

I shrug again.

-Please- she says, I can feel her staring at me.

-I don't know, everything sucks- I say staring at the wall.

-Why did you get drunk??- she curiously asks.
-someone that I cared about said that I had disappointed them- I say remembering every single word that he told me.

-Who??- she asks- look if that was Xio-

-Chase- I say whispering.

-Chase??- she asks surprised.

I nod.

-You really care about his opinion don't you??- she asks.

I nod, again.

-So then you got drunk??

I nod, a little bit embarrassed.

-Cool- she says, now staring at the ceiling.

-So, are you gonna tell your parents? - she asks- or even your friends.

-No- i say.

-You have to, at least to your parents Maddie- she says.

-But..h..how??- I say, my voice cracking.

-I don't know, but you should- she says.

-I can't- tears start to roll down my face.

-You can and you can't give up Maddie, chase told me what happened at the ba-

-wh-

-No Maddie, do it for me, for your love in your work, for every fan that is going to love you, for your family...-

-do you work tomorrow?- I say changing the topic.

She nods- but Chase doesn't, you can stay with h-

-why??- I ask.

She shrugs- I don't know Jonas told me that he was taking some days off, apparently him and Xio have split up definitely-
I don't say anything- when can I go back??- I ask her.

-maybe in a few weeks??- she says looking at me.

I shake my head- in three days- I say trying to sound convincible.

-You are kidding me right??- she says laughing a little bit.

I look at her and I shake my head- if i stay here I'll only overthink about everything that happened and at least there I'll be busy.