CHAPTER 19

I open him the door and he immediately engulfs me into a hug- You can't imagine how sorry I am Mads- he says kissing my forehead. I don't feel butterflies anymore. I don't feel the way I used to feel when he was around. I just don't feel anything anymore.

I look at him with a i-kind-of-forgive-you look- it's okay, I know the awful things you can say without meaning them when you are in a toxic relationship- I say. I didn't forgive him at all, but at some point I would have to do it.

He kisses my forehead again and says- so you want to go back to work huh??- as he sits in the chair next to mine.

I nod.

-You know that these latest scenes are the hardest right?? Maybe you shou-

-It'll help me, Sarah only has to cry in the last episodes so it'll be easier for me then- I should stop being ironic with what just happened to me, but it was like a way to cope.

He rolls his eyes and shrugs- if it'll help yo-

Someone knocks at the door.

-Who is it??- I ask as he goes to the door.

There are two boys, a red haired and a brunette one.

-Let them in- I say, knowing exactly who they were.

-But who-

-Let them- I say as he begins to open the door.

-Oh my god Maddie- the red haired one, Jack, says to me as he hugs me.

-Hi Jack- I say smiling a little bit.

Noah, the other one does the same- we are so sorry Maddie- he says as they both look at me.

-Yeah, we did't know that Luke was going to do-

-You are not serious- Chase says cutting them off- you let them came in??? Maddie his best friend almost rapped yo-

-Chase they are not lik-

-You don't know how they ar-

-I understand that you don't trust us but we can promise you that we didn't know, we are not that close to Luke anyway, we only used to hang out with him to go to parties but he wasn't even one of our closest friends- Jack says.

-Yeah he only did stupid things and we were the ones who helped him when he got drunk and-

-I don't give a shit, I don't believe yous- Chase starts saying.

-Chase let them talk, please- I say looking at him.

-Well, um we are both in serious relationships and we don't have intentions with doing anything with Maddie, she was a sweet girl and after what happened we just wanted to say sorry, since if we didn't go to that party maybe you would- Noah continues saying but I immediately cut him off.

-It's not your fault, I know that you both really cared about me, I could see that in the pub- I say smiling a little bit.

-Thanks Maddie, we brought you some chocolates- Jack says handing me some.

-thanks, you didn't need to- I say.

-Maybe some day we could hang out a little bit?? We could bring our girlfriends and Chase, you could come as well- Noah says, smiling to chase who just nods.

-Yea,! Just give me y'alls numbers- I say to them as we exchange our numbers.

-Well, bye Maddie, we really hope that you get better, you deserve it- Jack says as they leave the apartment.

-Bye- I say as they leave.

The door closes and I look at chase a little bit annoyed.

-I am sorry- he says.
-I told you that they were good people- I say- not everyone wants to have something with me, you are always assuming that because people think that I am pretty, but some people also like me because my inside, not only because of my body.

-I know Mads, but I hadn't met them when I said that and since they were Luke's friends- he says sighing- I don't know, I just needed to protect you.

-I can protect myself, I don't need a bodyguard- I say to him as I try to leave the kitchen.

Then, I feel someone hugging me- I am sorry- he says turning me around- please- he says kissing my forehead- for- another kiss- give- another one- me- he says doing the same.

-okayy okayy- I say laughing a little bit.

His phone starts ringing and the second he looks at it and his smile drops- your mom- he says doubting if he should pick it up or not.

-Tell her- i say without thinking it twice.

-Do you want me to put her on free han-

I shake my head- no please- i say wanting to start crying.

He sighs and pick it up- hi pam- he says.

-Um..yeah Maddie and I are not working for some days- he says as he walks through the apartment.

-put it on free hands- i say whispering, changing my mind.

He does what i ask him and i can hear my mom's voice- and do you know why maddie is not answering my messages?? is she okay? because with everything that happened with your girl-

-umm.. i wanted to talk you about this pam- he says nervously- are you umm at home?? he asks.

-Yeah, why?? i am sitting on the couch- she says confused.

-Look um... when everything happened on set.. um Maddie went to a pub and

-Is she okay??- she asks, starting to get worried.

-well um..-

-Chase please go on.

-She went to a pub and um.. she met a boy and he thought she was flirting with him.

I look to another way, feeling embarrassed and he rubs my back.
-and um he went home with her and... he took advantage of her- he says as he starts crying.

-Chase please tell me that i am not thinking what i am thinking- my mom says, i can tell she is starting to cry as well.

-He... he almost raped her- he says as tears start to roll down my face.

I can hear my mom crying- almost??- she asks.

-yeah, i heard maddie yelling so I got here right on time- he says breaking down.

-Is she okay though??- she asks worried.

-She will be- he says looking at me, smiling.

-um... can you both come home tomorrow?? i know that you girlfriend won't-

-Pam um she is not with me anymore- he says not looking at me now.

-Oh, I am sorry- my mom says.

-No worries, it was for the best- he says wiping away some of his tears.

-well can you come tomorrow then??- she repeats.

Chase looks at me and I nod- yes of course- he says.

-Thank you so much Chase, you know that i love you as if you were my son- she says and i see him smiling- and please take care of Maddie- she last says.

-of course- he says- bye pam, we'll see you tomorrow.

-Bye- she says in a sad tone.

i sigh and he hugs me- at least she knows- he says wiping some of my tears with his fingers.

I nod and I can feel my eyes starting to close.

-You wanna sleep??- he asks

I nod as I stand up and go to my bedroom. I turn around and I don't see him following me- you are not coming?- i ask and i immediately regret it, but i just wanted someone next to me.

-You want me to sleep with you??- he asks surprised.

I shrug, not wanting to say yes or no so he follows me.

I lay down and so does he, covering our bodies with the covers. There was this awkward space between us which I immediately broke, cuddling him. He put his arms around my waist and i smelt his cologne, I felt protected and I fell asleep with his breath on my head and his mouth giving me small kisses on my forehead. I didn't feel anything and I should right?? I used to feel those butterflies even when he was just sitting next to me but now, I only saw him as a friend and, I guess it was for the best.