Baby steps

Y/N PoV

I'm cuddling Lizzie in bed, she holding me close to her and every now and then placing small kisses on my head.

"I'm sorry you had to leave work" I say quietly as I'm hugging Lizzie with my head on her

"Hey don't be sorry, I'll do anything to make sure you're okay" she says as she kisses my forehead again and pulling me closer holding me tight to her

I let out a sign of relief knowing that I'm always safe when I'm with her.

"You okay" she asks pulling away slightly to look at me

"Yeah I'm fine, I'm just grateful to have you" I say with a small warm smile

"I love you" Lizzie says, making my heart stop for a moment, I look back at her making eye contact, and smiling big at her.. that's all I've wanted to hear her say after everything we've been through over the last few months, she finally said it.

"Sorry, it's just I've been wanting to say it for a while now, but someone or something also interrupted before I could finish it, so while I'm here cuddling you, I just need to say it so you know that I do love you, and it's always going be you y/n" she add, rambling on nervously

I reply by placing my lips on hers, kissing her passionately with all the love inside me, as I pull away she bites her lip while looking at me with her green eyes.

"I love you too Elizabeth" I say softly making her smile while she pulls me close to her back into a cuddle.

Honestly I feel so happy inside and out, just hearing her tell me she loves me, has pushed all the negativity thoughts away about her using me.

Just as Lizzie went to lean in a kiss me, someone knocks on my door and then slowly opens it, making myself and Lizzie look over at the door to see Ashley standing there.

"Sorry to interrupt, we're order food in, and wanted to know if you want anything" she asks looking at Lizzie then to myself

"No I'm g..." I start to say but I get cut off by Lizzie
"Yes we'll have some, thank you" she says to her sister and then looks at me not impressed that I said no

Ashley leaves and head back downstairs.

Lizzie looks back at me with soft eyes,

"So I think we need to talk about what happened today" Lizzie says in a gentle caring voice, while one of her hands run through my hair

"I can't do it, I can't get back in a car, I'm sorry" I say as I'm starting to cry again

"Hey it's okay, we'll get you back in a car again, we'll just take baby steps okay" Lizzie says holding me close to her as I start to cry again

I don't say anything I just nod for a reply back.
I'm so scared to physically get back in a car again after the incident, what if it happens again and this time I don't wake up. I know I've missed a tv appearance tonight because of a fear I never use to have, I also feel like I've let all my fans down because I didn't turn up.

With everything running through my head with flashback also I cry harder into Lizzie and she just hold me, holds me close to her with her hand rubbing my back while the other hold my head, she places kisses on my forehead while she trying calm me down.

Lizzie PoV

I honestly hate seeing y/n like this, it's breaks my heart to know she scared to even get back in a car, I knew I shouldn't of left to go filming, I should of stayed with her, maybe me staying she would of be able to get into the car today for her tv appearance. I feel like I've let her down because I wasn't here to physically help her when she needed me.

Yes we FaceTimes all the time but that's not the same as being there in person to help the one you love.

While I'm holding y/n, her crying slowly stops, I pull away slowly to notice that she cried herself to sleep, I place a small kiss on her lips before rolling her over so she laying down with her head on the pillow, I grab the blanket and place it over her.

I slowly get off the bed and head downstairs to see Chrissy and Ashley, to my surprise y/n father is still here and so is her manger amber.

I take a seat next to Ashley in the living area and everyone looks at me.

"How is she" mark says concerned and worried about his daughter

"She's okay, she's asleep at the moment" I reply

"Okay" he says just nodding his head and then looking back down at his coffee

You can tell he's really worried about his daughter, you can see that he cares so much about her and her wellbeing unlock her mother does.

Since the accident he stayed in la to make sure his daughter is okay, he chooses to stay for his daughter, while her brothers, sister and mother had to go back to London.

"So Lizzie, we was wondering if you and y/n would be up for a girl long weekend away at a cabin" Ashley says with a little excitement

"I'm sorry what" I say shocked at what I'm hearing

"All of us have a get away weekend to a cabin" Ashley says again just to make sure I'm hearing it right

"Absolutely not, if you've forgotten y/n couldn't even get into a car to head downtown for a tv appearance let alone is she going get in a car for 5 fucking hours" I says pissed to my sister.

"It'll be good for her, she'll have you by her side" she adds

"Ashley I said no, you can't expect her to get in a car for 5 hours, you gotta take baby steps like get her in a car and drive around the block to start off with" I say pissed and get up off the sofa and heads into the kitchen to get myself a drink.

While in the kitchen I find myself just glazing out the window, I didn't even notice y/n father walked in, it was only till he put his hand in my shoulder which made me jump so slightly.

"Sorry, but I'm just checking to see if your okay" he asks me after apologising for making me jump

"Yeah I'm fine" I say with a small smile

"Lizzie it's okay, I know you're worried about her too, and I agree with you about taking baby steps with her to build her confidence up and make sure she not scared of getting back in a car" he mentions while he walks over to the table and take a seat.

"I just hate seeing her broken like this, I just wish I could take all the pain and flashbacks away for her" I say with a shaky voice trying not to cry

"You really do love my daughter don't you" he asks looking over at me

"Yes, I love her with my whole heart, I would do absolutely anything to ensure she happy and safe" I say admitting to mark that his daughter is everything to me.

"Just don't hurt her Lizzie" he says
"I can promise you I will never hurt her" I reply