⤷ 03| THE BATTLE OF THE NINE POTTERS

CHAPTER THREEthe battle of the nine potters

CHAPTER THREE
the battle of the nine potters

⋆. ────────── ꕥ ────────── .⋆

They flew higher and higher. June held tightly onto Sirius. She did not want to find out what it was like falling off a Thestral.

And then, out of nowhere, out of nothing, they were surrounded. At least thirty hooded figures, suspended in midair, formed a vast circle in the midst of which the Order members had risen, oblivious—

Screams, a blaze of green light on every side: Sirius gave a yell and urged the Thestral away from the fight. June grabbed her wand and glanced over her shoulder. She saw a mass of people moving, flares of green light, two pairs of people on brooms soaring off into the distance, but she could not tell who they were.

Four Death Eaters had broken away from the circle and were pursuing them. Two jets of green light flew past her ear. Sirius swerved, but the Death Eaters were keeping up with the Thestral: more curses shot after them, and June had to pull Sirius aside—barely managing to hold onto the Thestral—to avoid them.

"Stupify!" she cried, and a red bolt of light shot from her own wand, cleaving a gap between the four pursuing Death Eaters as they scattered to avoid it.

"Hold on, June!" Sirius yelled, and June turned around again to wrap her arms around him. They dove down and June squinted her eyes as they dove towards the ground.

"Do you know what you're doing?" June yelled, her heart beating faster as the ground neared.

"Kinda!" he yelled back, not really assuring June in the slightest.

More Killing Curses flew past June's head. She responded with further Stunning Spells: red and green collided in midair in a shower of multicolored sparks. One of them managed to hit a Death Eater.

One down.

Suddenly, Sirius swerved around a tree that seemed to be coming from nowhere. June lost her balance and felt herself sliding off the Thestral. She managed to grab a hold on Sirius jacket and pulled herself back up. Breathing heavily, she glanced over her shoulder and saw that one Death Eater had crashed with the tree.

Another one down.

"Impedimenta!" June exclaimed, pointing at the right side of the oncoming figures.

The jinx hit the right Death Eater in the chest. For a moment the man was absurdly spread-eagled in midair as tough he had hit an invisible barrier—his fellow Death Eater almost collided with him.

"We're almost there!" Sirius exclaimed. "I can see Timothée's house!"

June looked over his shoulder and saw the cottage coming into view and the lake beside it. She let out the breath she didn't realize she was holding. They had made it.