Prologue

Ever since the beginning of her 5th year, Rookwood and Ranrok had made it their mission to find and defeat Y/N. Rookwood was even willing to confront her inside the Three Broomsticks. Luckily for her, everyone inside - including Sirona and Sebastian - took to her defence, practically scaring Rookwood away.

The moment Y/N discovered that the pair were working together in order to wreak havoc, Y/N made it her mission to stop them. She luckily got help from people she never thought would help her. Eventually, Y/N had both the skills and the spells that she needed in order to find and protect the final repository.

Her and Professor Fig had spoken to all four of The Keepers and Y/N was ready to protect the repository at all costs. The last thing she wanted was for Ranrok to win and wreak even more havoc than he already had. If he were to win, the entirety of the wizarding world would have suffered.

She decided to see each of her friends before actually going to fight Ranrok.

First was Poppy. She and Poppy - with help from Dorran, the Centaur - managed to find out where the Snidgets were before the poachers could take them.

Next came Natty. Harlow had been terrorising citizens of the wizarding world and both Natty and Y/N wanted him gone. So, they went off to find and defeat him. Unfortunately, Natty was hit with Crucio, while trying to protect Y/N. Luckily, she survived.

Next came Ominis. His communication with Sebastian had become non-existent, but he wasn't as harsh on Y/N. Unlike Sebastian, Y/N hadn't been determined to do whatever it took to cure Anne. She had worked with and helped Sebastian, but she had expressed her and Ominis' concerned opinions to Sebastian, and had even tried to convince him of other ways to cure Anne.

Last came Sebastian. Since Y/N's first day, her and Sebastian became good friends, and eventually the friendship became something more. They did all sorts of not-so-legal things together, all to try and cure his twin sister, Anne. Although Sebastian and Y/N had become more than friends, it wasn't until their final meeting before Y/N intended to battle Ranrok that she actually made the first move and kissed him with more passion than she thought she had.

Anne also turned her back on Sebastian after Sebastian killed their uncle Solomon using the Avada Kedavra spell on him. Sebastian didn't want to kill his uncle, but he had no choice. Solomon wasn't going to allow Sebastian to try and cure his sister.

———

She was ready. Should a 5th year student have been so willing to go up against a dangerous goblin? No. But, she was really the only person who could and was willing to go up against him.

Y/N and Professor Fig made their way down the staircase that was connected to the Map Chamber. After exploring for a few minutes, they started to fight some of Ranrok's Loyalists and eventually, other professors had joined them in the fight. Y/N was so happy to know that her professors were willing to help protect Hogwarts and all of the wizarding world. After defeating what seemed like hundreds of goblins and trolls, Y/N was tired, but she had to keep going. Fig stayed back to help fight the remaining enemies. The last thing Y/N expected was to be met with Ranrok, but a dragon version. She had stocked up on Wiggenweld and had enough knowledge on some of the best spells in order to end Ranrok's reign of terror.

After what seemed like forever, Ranrok was no longer flying in the air above Y/N. He was attacking her like normal, but he was down on the ground, making Y/N's attacks on him easier. She couldn't wait for the battle to be over. All she wanted was to meet her boyfriend at The Three Broomsticks and enjoy some butterbeers.

A yellow orb had formed, forcing Y/N to use Levioso to destroy it. Then, two purple orbs appeared, forcing Y/N to use Accio and Depulso to destroy them. The final orb appeared right above Ranrok in his dragon form. Without hesitation, Y/N casted Confringo, which not only blasted him like all the other orbs before, but hit him with a final blow. Within mere seconds, Ranrok in his dragon form had finally blown up, and left Ranrok laying face down on the floor, begging for help.

His reign of terror with Rookwood was finally over. As Y/N went to stand up, she felt a sudden burst of pain in her chest. Something wasn't right. The more she tried to use energy by walking, the worse the pain got. She almost dropped to the floor in pain. As she took steps to get around Ranrok, she felt his hand touch her foot.

The pain in her chest became the worst pain imaginable, with a bright light shining from her chest. This was a sign. The battle against Ranrok had damaged or somehow altered her ancient magic, and now that ancient magic was fighting against her.

Y/N didn't have much energy left. She was so exhausted that she couldn't even kick Ranrok's hand off her foot. Instead, she unintentionally let him disapparate with her. She thought of a place that made her feel safe.

Within a few minutes, she and an injured Ranrok landed roughly on the cold stone floor of the Undercroft. She had no energy. All she wanted to do was curl up into a ball and sleep, but she couldn't. Ranrok looked like he was trying to escape, so she hesitantly grabbed onto his leg and forced him to stay put. What she hadn't realised was when she landed, her wand flew right out of her pocket and now rested near the pensive that she and Sebastian had looked into.

Once again, she and Ranrok had disapparated, but this time, she had no idea where they'd land. Eventually, Y/N and Ranrok were greeted to the sight of an open land. They weren't in a building or cave. They were in a field of some sort, surrounded by water. The grass was wet meaning it most likely had been raining recently. Once again, Y/N caught Ranrok trying to escape. By this time, she was beaten, her robe and clothes were torn and she was exhausted. The last thing she wanted was to fight him more, but she had to, if she wanted him dead - which at this point, she was more than happy with.

She could feel the ancient magic within her bubbling, like a potion that had been left on the heat for a little too long. She couldn't control what happened next. The moment she gripped onto Ranrok's cloak, all of the ancient magic that had been bubbling inside of her was released. She watched in shock as Ranrok started to disappear, like dust or ashes blowing away in the wind. He let out a shriek that she was sure the entire world could hear, but eventually, the shrieking had stopped. Finally, she was met with peace and quiet. All she had been hearing for the past couple hours was the sound of spells being fired, enemies threatening her and objects breaking.

Y/N expected the ancient magic to disappear once Ranrok was gone, but it didn't. Instead, the light got brighter, almost blinding Y/N, until she covered her eyes with her ripped robe. That's when it happened. All of her energy was gone. The blinding light became a wave and blasted outward, covering a lot of the surrounding area. She dropped to the floor, feeling her eyes become heavy with the sight of the light moving further away from her.