19. Nightmare

Y/N
"If you cast Crucio, you will regret it forever." Ominis warned as you walked back toward Sebastian.

"What do we do now? Ominis is not going to cast the Cruciatus Curse again." You looked at Sebastian, who rolled his eyes and scoffed.

"Ridiculous! As if dying in here is a better option than casting a damn spell." He exhaled, shaking his head.

"It's up to us. I can teach you Crucio or I can cast it on you." Sebastian gave you two options.

"Wait. You didn't say you knew how to cast Crucio." You furrowed your brows, confused.

"Because I'm not sure I do. Ominis knows that, yet he's left us no choice. I don't yearn to follow in Noctua Gaunt's footsteps. I think I can cast it if I have to." Sebastian shook his head, unsure.

"I want to learn the curse, but I won't cast it on you. You need to cast it on me." You exhaled.

"I shan't forget this." He nodded, exhaling.

Within the next minute, he had taught you the spell. You felt different now that you had learnt an unforgiveable curse. Sebastian took a step or two back, holding his wand up.

"Ready?" He asked, making sure you were still okay with what was about to happen.

"I'm ready." You nodded. You could see the conflict behind his eyes. It was clear that his heart was trying to stop him from casting the curse, and his brain was trying to make him cast the curse.

"Crucio!" He exclaimed, flicking his wand just before he aimed it at you. You watched as flashes of red lightning flew from the tip of his wand, hitting you like a bag of bricks. The moment the red lightning touched your clothing, it quickly spread.

"AHH!" You shrieked. Your hands instantly wrapped around your waist as you tried so hard to get rid of the pain, but the longer you tried to resist, the more painful it got. Every second felt like a million needles or sharp knives jabbing into your skin.

You couldn't help but fall to the floor, your head lowering in pain.

"Are you alright?" Sebastian asked, worried. You desperately held back the groans that were threatening to escape your mouth. You closed your mouth and your eyes, silently wishing for the pain and suffering to end.

You jolted up from your bed, cold sweats running down your face as you breathed in and out faster than normal. Your hands clutched your bed sheets, your heart racing.

"Y/N, are you okay?" Natty asked, confused. She got up from her bed and walked over to your bed, sitting down. She held your hand to help you calm down.

"W- What time is it?" You asked, looking around.

"5 AM." Natty exhaled.

"I- I'm sorry. I didn't mean to wake you up." You shook your head.

"It's okay, Y/N. You had a nightmare, and I'm happy to comfort you." Natty smiled, giving you a hug.

"How about you get dressed and just go outside for a while, get some fresh air." Natty suggested. You nodded, exhaling.

You got dressed, feeling more tired then when you went to bed. As Natty suggested, you made your way to the North exit of Hogwarts. Sitting outside, you looked up t the sky, trying to relax.

By 7:30 AM, you made your way back into the school, eventually reaching the Great Hall. You smiled at the sight of Sebastian and Ominis.

SEBASTIAN
The moment I looked up at Y/N, a smile appeared on my face.

"Y/N's walking toward us, isn't she?" Ominis asked, noticing my sudden silence.

"Yes, she is." I nodded.

"Good morning, boys." Y/N exhaled as she sat down.

"Good morning, Y/N." Ominis smiled.

"Good morning, my love." I smiled as I placed a short and sweet kiss on Y/N's cheek, earning a blush.

"Are you okay? You look tired." I looked at Y/N, who yawned.

"I had a nightmare, but I'm okay now." Y/N explained, stealing some toast off my plate.

"If you want to talk about it, I'm here." I wrapped my arm around her shoulders, pulling her closer to me. She happily put her head on my shoulder, yawning again.

"Meet me down in the Undercroft during our free periods, and I'll tell you about it then." Y/N looked up at me, keeping her voice down.

———

As Y/N asked, I met her in the Undercroft during out free periods. She sat on the couch, both her legs tightly against her chest as she played with her wand.

"Hey." She smiled, moving her feet. I sat down, her back up against my chest as our fingers intertwined. She exhaled, looking up at me.

"Do you really want to hear about my nightmare?" She questioned.

"I wouldn't be here if I didn't. Besides, you're my girlfriend, Y/N. I'm happy to listen to you talk about anything, even nightmares." I kissed her forehead.

"Alright. Well, from what I remember, it started in a tunnel or pathway of some sort. You were there, and so was Ominis. There were cobwebs, and bones all over the place. We used Lumos to see where we were going." Y/N started.

"Hm. Interesting." I nodded.

"After some arguing, you taught me a spell. C- Cr-" Y/N couldn't remember the name of spell, but my eyes widened, realising what she was trying to say.

"Crucio?" I asked, watching as Y/N nodded.

"Yes, that's it. You taught me Crucio, before you- you casted it on me. I was in pain, experiencing more agony than ever, before I woke up." Y/N sighed, trying to prevent herself from crying.

"It's okay, Y/N." I kissed her head, trying to calm her down.

Shit. Shit! SHIT!

My heart was racing and I desperately hoped that Y/N couldn't tell. This is what I deserve after neglecting to tell Y/N about last year's events. Instead of me telling her the truth, she was remembering last year through memories and nightmares, and it was all my fault.