15. One final shot

Y/N intended to walk with Sebastian to Potions class, but he was feeling a bit uncomfortable with his injuries, so they parted at the Grand Staircase. Sebastian headed to the Hospital Wing, intending to get some help from Nurse Blainey, while Y/N headed to Potions class.

The idea of seeing Garreth after what he did to Sebastian, Y/N exhaled, not ready. She shared most of her classes with the red-headed teen, Beasts class being the only class they didn't share. As Y/N reached Central Hall, she heard her name being called.

"Y/N! Wait up!" Poppy yelled out.

"Hello, Poppy. What's up?" Y/N asked, stopping. Poppy caught her breath before speaking.

"Natty said that a letter arrived for you this morning. She was supposed to give it to you, but her mother wanted to speak to her before classes started." Poppy explained as she handed Y/N the letter.

"Okay. Thank you." Y/N nodded, watching as Poppy smiled before walking off. Y/N's fingers grazed the letter before opening it. She didn't exactly remember the handwriting.

She read the letter, confused, until she found out who had sent it to her.

Y/N,

I know I'm the last person you'd like to hear from, or see right now, but I want to apologise. Meet me at the Three Broomsticks during lunch, please.

-Garreth.

Y/N almost considered throwing the letter out, but she didn't, realising that Garreth must have come to his senses and wanted to be mature.

Lunch time came around. She grabbed her books, returned them to her sleeping quarters and then made her way toward Hogsmeade. The walk was quiet. Every time she thought about seeing Garreth, she wanted to turn around and pretend that she'd never received the letter. But then she realised that she wouldn't be acting mature if she had just ignored the letter - and in turn Garreth.

By the time she reached the Three Broomsticks, it was too late to turn back, because Garreth had seen her.

"Y/N, thank you for coming. I would have totally understood if you didn't show up." Garreth smiled, trying to remain calm. Before he could say anything else, Y/N suddenly slapped him hard across the face. He flinched, reaching up to lessen the pain that he was currently feeling.

"That's for beating the shit out of Sebastian!" Y/N growled.

"I deserve that." Garreth nodded. Y/N rolled her eyes before slapping him once more.

"That's for hurting me!" Y/N glared at Garreth, who didn't react. Instead, he simply held his cheek.

"Okay, now that you've slapped me twice, can we sit down...and talk like human beings?" Garreth asked.

"Sure." Y/N nodded, exhaling.

"How about a butterbeer?" He looked at her. She nodded, finding an empty table to sit at.

She watched as Garreth walked up to Sirona, handing her 10 galleons, which would pay for two butterbeers.

GARRETH
I peeked behind me to see that Y/N was focused more on her fidgeting hands than the fact that I was grabbing two butterbeers. Sirona placed the two butterbeers down in front of me. As soon as she turned her back, I looked around to make sure that what I was about to do, wouldn't be caught by anyone. I slipped the Amortentia potion out from a pocket within my robe and made sure to be as quick and as careful as possible. Using all of my strength, I only placed a drop of the potion into her butterbeer. The moment it dropped, I closed the vial and put it away, quickly grabbing the butterbeers.