38. Defending Mr. Sallow

Professor Weasley almost didn't allow Y/N to testify on Sebastian's behalf. It's not that she didn't want Y/N to testify on Sebastian's behalf - Merlin knows she would've done anything to be allowed to even see Sebastian during his trial. It was more about the fact that she might've also put herself in the line of fire when it came to questioning.

But, much to the chagrin of Headmaster Black, Y/N was on her way to the Ministry the moment school was over for the weekend.

Y/N
You arrived at the Ministry of Magic faster than you expected, but you didn't care. You needed to defend Sebastian. Even if your words didn't impact his sentencing, you needed the Ministry to understand why Sebastian did what he did. It wasn't like anyone else wanted to listen.

Within the hour of arriving at the Ministry, you had found which court room was holding Sebastian's trial and you ran. You ran as fast as your legs could carry you. As you made it, you watched as Sebastian - in handcuffs - was pulled toward the door.

"Y/N?!" Sebastian gasped, shocked.

"Surprise." You smiled.

"What in Merlin's name are you doing here!" Sebastian stopped walking, focusing on you.

"They need to hear your side of the story, and there's no doubt they won't listen to you. I'm here as a witness." You explained, watching as the Auror holding's Sebastian's handcuffs dragged him along, forcing him to walk.

You walked in soon after, sitting down opposite the entire Ministry.

"This is the trial of Sebastian Sallow vs the Wizengamot. Sebastian Sallow is charged with one count of murder, as well as his use of the unforgiveable curses." Minister Spavin announced as he read the list of charges against Sebastian.

"How do you plead, Mr. Sallow?" Minister Spavin asked, looking down at the brunette.

"N- Not guilty." Sebastian stuttered, trying to remain calm.

After 15 minutes of talking - most of which you drowned out due to how boring it was, - Minister Spavin exhaled.

"Now, we will hear from any witnesses...if there are any." He looked around. You immediately stood up and made yourself known. Sebastian turned around and smiled at you.

"Please state your name for the record." Minister Spavin asked as you stood in front of the mic on the stand.

"Y/N Y/L/N, 7th year Gryffindor student attending Hogwarts." You watched as Minister Spavin wrote down what you said.

"The floor is yours, so to speak." Minister Spavin nodded.

"As you know, 2 years ago, Ranrok - a goblin - attempted to supplant goblins as the dominant race of the magical world by seeking out the powers of ancient magic. This goblin rebellion led Ranrok and his loyalists to align themselves with Victor Rookwood and his followers consisting of dark wizards. I, being someone who is able to wield ancient magic, rivalled Ranrok and intended to prevent him from fulfilling his mission. But, without Sebastian, I wouldn't have survived." You started.

"Ms. Y/L/N, you are well aware that it was extremely dangerous to go up against Ranrok and Rookwood." Minister Spavin raised his eyebrows.

"I am aware of that, Minister Spavin, but you must understand that I was really the only witch or wizard who had the ability to prevent Ranrok and Rookwood from completing their goal." You nodded.

"And yet, at the time, you went off and faced Ranrok alone, battling him in the repository that rested underneath the school, and you claim that without Mr. Sallow, you wouldn't have survived, correct?" Minister Spavin questioned.