37. Attempted surrender

Y/N
You woke up on the couch in the Undercroft, having no idea how you ended up there. Nevertheless, Ominis was with you. The first night without Sebastian was horrible for you and Ominis. You both stayed in the Undercroft. At least here you could discuss things about the past that shouldn't be overheard. You were restless.

Ominis would never admit that Sebastian's absence was devastating to him. The blond and brunette had been so close since they were 11, that Ominis considered Anne and Sebastian to be the brother and sister he always wanted, but never had (his actual siblings seeming more like enemies). Ominis may not have agreed with Sebastian's choices, but he knew deep down that all Sebastian wanted was his sister to be cured.

That's why you didn't care that small sobs could be heard coming from Ominis as he slept on the bed he conjured for himself. He let all his emotions out when he thought no one was listening, and even though you had heard, you'd never tell him that. He had the right to express his emotions when he wanted to.

The morning after Sebastian was taken by the Auror, you had no desire to get out of bed, but you did so anyway, knowing that Sebastian would've liked you to stay strong for him. He would always love you and you knew that. So, you got out of bed, headed back to your common room and got dressed, making yourself look presentable.

Your anxiety started to build as you walked toward the Great Hall for breakfast. No doubt the entire school had heard about what happened with Sebastian and Garreth - how Sebastian was taken away by an Auror, and how you yelled at Garreth for getting Sebastian sent away. Your fears also loomed around, as you worried that Garreth was right. You were just as bad as Sebastian.

You made it to the doors that led to the Great Hall, but you stopped. Your eyes were glued to the handles, as you tried to open them, but you couldn't. Your hands were shaking and your heart was racing. You'd either be met with students who looked at you in disgust for defending a murderer, or you'd be met with students who looked at you in shock because of your sudden outburst.

"Y/N? Are you alright?" You could hear Natty speak to you as she placed a hand on your shoulder.

"I- I- I...I don't feel very well." You spoke, the anxiety turning into a huge wave of nausea. You immediately ran away from the doors, ignoring Natty's words as she tried to talk to you. You made it to the closest female toilets just in time. Everything you had consumed in the last 24 hours was now in the toilet bowl, ready to be flushed.

You flashed the toilet and cleaned your hands and mouth, not in the mood for anything other than sleep. Exiting the toilets, you were greeted by Professor Weasley - most likely summoned by Natty.

"Are you alright, Y/N? You look very pale." Professor Weasley exhaled as she wrapped her arm around your shoulder, guiding you to the hospital wing.

You couldn't get rid of the anxiety and it was making your nausea worse. You rested on one of the beds in the hospital wing, clutching your stomach as you tried to sleep. Sleep had escaped you for a while now, and it wasn't exactly excited to come back. Every time you closed your eyes, you were met with the same scene - Sebastian being tackled by the Auror. That same scene haunted you once again as you tried to fall asleep.

———

The vomiting stopped after 2 weeks. You could eat again, but the nausea wouldn't leave you alone.

After the first week, you were let go from the hospital wing, allowed to stay in your common room. With Professor Weasley's permission, Natty would bring you school work after every class, but the moment other students entered the common room, you went back upstairs to your sleeping quarters. Natty was the only Gryffindor student who didn't despise you for defending Sebastian. She was well aware of the adventures you and Sebastian went on, even if she never admitted it. She was also the student to defend you or fight on your behalf whenever other Gryffindor students decided to mock you or make comments about you nearby.