26. Revealing her secret

The moment Potions class was over and Professor Sharp dismissed the students, Y/N immediately left and headed straight to the Room of Requirement. She couldn't face Garreth, not without feeling guilty about not telling him what she really smelt during class.

Deek could see the guilt that Y/N was going through and didn't want to say or do anything to upset her more, so he stayed away, focusing on cleaning areas that she wasn't in.

The moment she stepped foot in the Room of Requirement, she headed straight toward the coastal vivarium. Heading down the sandy hill, Y/N smiled when she saw Highwing sitting down. She walked over to Highwing, placing her hand gently on her soft feathers.

"Hello, Highwing. I've missed you, beautiful girl." Y/N exhaled, gently petting Highwing. Just as she fed Highwing, the Graphorn that Y/N rescued walked up to her, laying down.

At this moment, Y/N was content. Her heart was happy. She wasn't thinking about Sebastian, or Garreth, or the horrible feeling she had experienced during Potions class.

———
(4 Hours Later)

By the time Y/N left the coastal vivarium, let alone the Room of Requirement, the evening was upon her. The sun was slowly going down, which meant that dinner would be happening soon. She took her books back to her sleeping quarters before making her way down to the Great Hall.

"Y/N? Where have you been? I've been looking all over the castle for you." Garreth gently held her arm as she pushed the doors open, revealing the four long tables, and the banners hanging from the ceiling.

"I- I am so sorry Garreth. I just needed some time to think. I promise, it won't happen again." She reassured him.

"It's okay, Y/N. If you needed time alone to think, you could've just told me, and I would've understood. We all need a break sometimes." Garreth smiled. He wrapped his arm around her torso, placing a gentle kiss on her temple. She smiled, nodding.

As she and Garreth walked over to the Gryffindor table to eat with Natty, Y/N's eyes landed on Sebastian's as he gripped the fork in his hand. She exhaled, moving away with Garreth, trying to ignore whatever feelings she was experiencing.

Dinner was nice. Y/N ate a lot of the food that the students were presented with. Garreth and Natty got deep into a conversation about Herbology and its connection to Potions. When Y/N placed the last of her food into her mouth, she set her utensils down and exhaled, leaning over to Garreth.

"I'm heading back to the common room. Meet me near the fireplace tonight at 11." Y/N whispered, seeing Garreth's face shift to confusion as she stood up.

Y/N headed back to the common room, taking some time to read. By 11, Y/N had pretended to go to sleep, and was now standing near the fireplace, her arms crossed.

"Y/N, why are we here?" Garreth asked, confused.

"There are many secrets within the castle. I- I happen to know one of them, and I know I can trust you enough to know about it." Y/N smiled, holding his hands.

"Alright." Garreth nodded.

They casted the Disillusionment charm, their hands intertwined as they snuck through the castle, avoiding any Prefects who might have been roaming around.

After 20 minutes of sneaking around, Y/N released the charm when they reached the Astronomy tower, standing in front of the tapestry depicting attempt of Barnabas the Barmy to teach trolls ballet.

"What are we doing here?" Garreth asked, confused.

"I'm showing you a hidden gem within Hogwarts." Y/N smiled, allowing the entrance to the Room of Requirements to appear.

She pushed open the door and watched as Garreth's face of confusion turned into a face of surprise.

"Welcome to the Room of Requirement, Garreth." Y/N kissed his cheek.

"This place...is amazing." Garreth smiled.

"Ah, Ms. Y/L/N, Deek sees you've brought a friend with you this time!" Deek smiled.

"Deek, I'd like you to meet Garreth, my boyfriend." Y/N smiled as she watched Garreth shook Deek's hand.

"Garreth, this is Deek. He's the house-elf that takes care of the room when I'm not here. He cleans the space and makes sure that nothing goes wrong." Y/N smiled.

"Deek is delighted to see another student in the Room of Requirement. Please, feel free to return with Y/N whenever you'd like. Deek appreciates the extra company." Deek smiled.

"I will. I'm sure Y/N has a lot to show me." Garreth nodded, holding Y/N's hand in his own as they made their way through the huge space.