40. Fallen on deaf ears

Professor Weasley wasn't exactly on board with the new sleeping arrangement that Sebastian and Y/N had come up with. But, if it meant that the school would continue on as normal, - free of chaos - she couldn't exactly argue.

For a few months, things went on as if nothing had occurred. Sure, the tension within the castle still lingered, but no fights had broken out, no rumours had spread and no arguments had been started. Exams came first, then the masquerade ball a two weeks later, and then finally, graduation the week after.

Exams were right around the corner, so people were more concerned with passing their normal exams and their N.E.W.T.s exams. As for the the 7th years, they were nearing graduation and soon enough, the buzz had started up again, this time about the masquerade ball; who'd be going with who, what everyone was wearing, if after-parties would occur. Of course, everyone knew that Garreth wasn't allowed to attend the masquerade ball, which pissed him right off, but they continued to discuss it right in front of him, as if he weren't there. The masquerade ball was set to happen on the Saturday before the end of the school year. As for graduation, that had been set to happen on the last Friday of term, which was now only a month away.

Y/N's plans for the end of the year were planned out. Natty, Poppy and Y/N had sat down one afternoon and planned out how they would prioritise their time. From Monday through to Friday, classes would be attended as normal. Free periods would either be used to study for exams, or for extra curricular things like beast care or spell casting practice. On Saturdays and Sundays, one hour would be set aside for study and one hour would be set aside for beast care or spell casting practice. As they got closer to the exams, the three ladies found their dresses and the two men found their suits. All Y/N said to Sebastian was 'green'.

———
(Exam Week)

Everything was sorted. Y/N's masquerade ball dress was sorted, the masks, shoes and other accessories had been purchased and rested in an enchanted bag that hung near the bed within the Room of Requirement. Sebastian had attempted - many times - to open the bag and see what Y/N's dress looked like, but Y/N was smart. She had enchanted the bag to show school books whenever someone other than her opened it.

Y/N currently stood in the Clock Tower Courtyard, Professor Hecat standing opposite her.

"You have your first exam this afternoon, if I am correct?" Professor Hecat questioned.

"Yes. It's the Defence Against the Dark Arts exam." Y/N nodded.

"Right, well, with just over 4 hours until you are to sit that exam, I thought I'd help you perfect your spell casting. Now, there isn't any practical part of any of your exams, but being able to remember the smallest details and tactics within any subject is what will put you above your classmates. You, Y/N, are one of the only students in my class who accepted my help. Many of your classmates believe they know everything there is to know about Defence Against the Dark Arts, but I assure you, there is more beyond what is taught in a classroom." Professor Hecat smiled.

"There is 1 training dummy in front of you. I have enchanted it to cast actual spells, but those spells will not cause any harm. I want you to use your knowledge of the defensive spells to safely get the training dummy on the floor for 10 seconds. Ready your wand and focus." Professor Hecat watched as Y/N got ready to cast some spells. She flicked her wand toward the gate behind Y/N and the gate next to Y/N, making sure no one could interrupt and possibly get hurt.

The training dummy through Levioso at Y/N, which she quickly blocked with Protego. Once the dummy was caught off guard, Y/N started firing spells.