20. Missing magic

SEBASTIAN
Every minute that I didn't tell Y/N the truth, she was finding out things on her own. Ominis made me promise that I'd tell her the truth, and yet, I hadn't. I had either purposefully avoided the truth, or neglected saying anything, which didn't help.

After Y/N told me about her nightmare, my brain desperately wanted to talk. I desperately wanted to look Y/N in the eyes and tell her everything, but my heart stopped me. I was so fearful that she'd hate me, that I kept my secrets to myself. I watched as she stood up, placing a kiss on my lips before walking off to go and attend Beasts class. That's when I slapped my own forehead. I had stupidly let the perfect opportunity go.

Y/N
You were glad to have gotten your nightmare off your chest. You felt lighter knowing that Sebastian knew what you had experienced in your nightmare. You attended Beasts class, enjoying your time with Poppy, who helped you connect with some of her favourite magical creatures.

"Hey, Y/N? You want to come with me to feed and brush Highwing?" Poppy asked, smiling.

"I'm gonna head to Hogsmeade for the afternoon." You smiled, watching as Poppy nodded.

"Totally cool! I'll say hello for you." Poppy gave you a brief hug before walking off in the opposite direction.

With that, you summoned your broom and carefully got on it, heading for Hogsmeade. Imelda had warned you that flying wasn't allowed in Hogsmeade, so you made sure to dismount your broom just before you arrived, so that you didn't end up crashing into what Imelda warned was a magical forcefield.

Being greeted by the warmth of Hogsmeade was enough to lift anyone's spirits. You smiled as you walked through the village. You walked past shops and admired the musician that played for his audience.

You slowly made it to Hogsmeade Square, admiring the unique shops and lovely people who walked around you. You saw a sign: Honeydukes. Sebastian told you that it was the wizarding world's most famous sweets shop, which made you excited to go and have a look. As you got closer to the sweet smelling shop, you stopped, feeling a sense of deja-vu. You turned around, trying to figure out why this area seemed so familiar to you, until a memory started playing in your head that you couldn't stop.

"I officially have all of my supplies." You smiled, walking up to Sebastian, who nodded.

"Excellent." He smiled.

"Did you get what you needed for your sister?" You asked, curious.

"I did. So, I suppose the world is our oyster now. Let's see what else we can get up to." Sebastian smirked. You both turned to head to Honeydukes, but you stopped when the ground started rumbling.

You, Sebastian and other residents of Hogsmeade all looked in shock as an armoured troll jumped and landed roughly on the stone floor of Hogsmeade Square. It thrashed it's club on the floor, causing others to jump out of the way. Residents threw spells toward the troll, both you and Sebastian joining in with your basic casts.

"Bombarda!" Officer Singer casted just as the troll was about to bring its club down onto you and Sebastian.

"Draw it away from the buildings! Away from the village!" Officer Singer demanded as she and two other residents casted spells at the troll, leading it away.

The ground started rumbling again. You and Sebastian turned to see another armoured troll burst through one of the buildings, demolishing it.

It rushed toward you, but you were quick enough to dodge its attack.

For the next 2 minutes, you and Sebastian threw all of your known spells - combined - at the troll, which seemed to do nothing but anger it even more.

"Are we weakening him at all?" You yelled, concerned.

"Keep at it! We have to wear him down!" Sebastian responded, still trying to find its weak spots.

While you managed to dodge all of its attacks, Sebastian wasn't so lucky. More than a few times, the troll managed to fling Sebastian all over Hogsmeade Square, concerning you.

You started feeling something bubbling inside you, like some sort of strange energy. With some of your strength, you flicked your wand, lifting a nearby crate up, before smashing it onto the troll's head. You took a moment to realise what you had done. It wasn't normal magic. Spells like Levioso or Wingardium Leviosa are control and utility spells, not spells used for damage or force.

"What was that?" Sebastian questioned as he threw another basic cast at the troll, who didn't seem at all impacted.

"I- I was trying to beat him at his own game." You tried to explain as both you and Sebastian kept throwing more spells toward the troll.

"I like it! Do more of it!" Sebastian smiled briefly.

While avoiding the troll's attacks and throwing spells at it, you used whatever magic you had suddenly acquired and flung crates, barrels and other objects toward the troll, weakening it.

"Look! He's faltering!" Sebastian exhaled, trying to catch his breath.

"Took him long enough!" You shook your head.

Soon enough, the troll was now on its knees, showing its weakness. You went to cast another spell, but as you readied your wand, you noticed a bright white light shining from the tip of your wand. Your eyes widened in shock, but you didn't have time to wonder. You brought your left hand below your right hand, almost increasing the size of the light. A few sparks lit before you forcefully aimed your wand toward the troll, the bright white light from your wand becoming bigger than you expected. The energy left your wand and made contact with the troll, obliterating it. You lowered your wand and took a few deep breaths in and out, exhaling.

You opened your eyes and blinked a few times, remembering where you were. You ran through Hogsmeade, ignoring your previous intention to go and see Honeydukes. You ran from Hogsmeade Square to the Undercroft as fast as you could. You were certainly out of breath when you reached the Undercroft, but you didn't care. You sat on the couch and tried to recount your memory, identifying key things about it. The only thing that stuck out to you was the bright white light that shone from the tip of your wand. You hadn't even realised what it was and why it was so different from your normal magic.

Suddenly, you remembered the day at Clagmar Coast. You and Sebastian went exploring and ended up in the furthest region from Hogwarts. That's when the memory came back. You remembered something very odd, and one thing you actually remembered from that memory was the fact that you had fallen to the floor. The blinding white light that you had seen - in a memory - 35 minutes ago was the same as the bright light that got even brighter and became a wave that blasted outward, covering a lot of the surrounding area in Clagmar Coast. All of your energy had gone because of the bright white light. You seemed to have passed out because of the bright white light.