32. Trouble in paradise

GARRETH
I caught Y/N walking with Ominis to their first class of the day. Normally I wouldn't mind, but the fact that Sebastian had also tagged along, this concerned me. Y/N was supposed to hate Sebastian. He lied to her for months. Yet, here he was, walking with MY girlfriend to their class. I had no issues with Ominis. It was Sebastian that I was concerned about. I wouldn't've been surprised if he tried to get back with Y/N, which pissed me off. I wasn't about to let him steal Y/N away from me.

I just hoped that Sebastian wasn't trying to get back with Y/N, and I especially hoped that Y/N wasn't allowing him to try and win her back.

———

Once the first two classes of the day were over, I intended to go and talk with Y/N. Excusing myself from Adelaide's presence, - much to her chagrin - I made my way through the castle, hoping that she wasn't with Sebastian and/or Ominis. If she wasn't - she'd most likely be in the Room of Requirement.

Luckily, when I entered the Room of Requirement, I watched as Y/N stood at one of her potting stations, a pile of dirt in her hands.

"Y/N?" I called her name, watching as she jumped slightly.

"Merlin, Garreth! You scared me!" She exhaled, clearly trying to calm her beating heart. She placed the dirt back into the pot, dusting off her hands.

"I'm sorry. Didn't mean to scare you, Y/N." I smiled, trying to figure out the best way to approach what was going to be a very...awkward conversation.

After a brief few minutes of silence, I knew that there was no point in beating around the bush. I had to find out the truth, no matter what that truth was.

Y/N
"You've become awfully chatty with Sebastian recently." Garreth exhaled, sitting down on a nearby chair.

"Yeah. I have. So what?" You asked, confused.

"I just...don't feel comfortable with you hanging out with him. I mean, he's your ex-boyfriend, and I'm your current boyfriend." Garreth explained, causing you to roll your eyes without him seeing.

"Garreth, Sebastian is harmless. I know his intentions and I've let him know that I just want us to remain friends. He knows my boundaries, Garreth." You assured him.

"Whether he knows your boundaries or not, I still don't feel comfortable with you hanging around him. Ominis is fine. It's Sebastian I don't like." Garreth continued.

"I don't feel comfortable with you hanging around Adelaide." You snapped, balling your hands into fists.

"What?" Garreth questioned, confused. He stood up, walking toward you.

"I- I don't feel comfortable with you hanging around Adelaide." You exhaled, trying to prevent your anger from getting worse.

"Excuse me? What's going on between me and Adelaide is nothing compared to you and Sebastian. He's your ex-boyfriend for Merlin's sake!" Garreth growled.

"So there is something going on between you two?" You scoffed.

"Don't put words in my mouth, Y/N! This is about you, not me!" Garreth fought.

"Adelaide is trying to tear us apart and it's working! You spend more time with her than you do with me!" You cried.

"What are you talking about, Y/N?" Garreth asked, furrowing his eyebrows in confusion.

"You tell one of your horrible jokes, she laughs harder than normal. Whenever you talk, she focuses on you and no one else. She touches your arm, moves closer to you over time. She is showing me and everyone else that she wants you." You shook your head.

"You're overreacting Y/N!" Garreth rolled his eyes.

"No I'm not, Garreth. I can see it. Ominis and Sebastian can see it. Everyone can see it! Her whole objective is to break us apart and take you for herself." You sat down, sobbing.

"Stop trying to push the blame onto me, Y/N!" Garreth yelled.

"I'm done." You exhaled, wiping your eyes.

"You're done? Done with what?" Garreth asked.

"I'm done with you. I'm done with us. I'm done with this relationship." You admitted.

"You're ending our relationship based on your overreaction to Adelaide's friendly behaviour?" Garreth scoffed.

"No. I'm ending out relationship based on the fact that Adelaide is trying - and succeeding - to get me out of the picture so that she can have you all to herself." You glared at him, watching as Garreth shook his head, clearly annoyed.

"As of right now, I'm no longer your girlfriend, Garreth Weasley. I don't want to hear from you. You're no longer welcome here, in the Room of Requirement. Please, just...stay away from me." You opened the door, watching as Garreth left, letting out an angry sigh on his way out.

A few minutes later, you exited the Room of Requirement, trying to hide the tears threatening to spill from your eyes. You hastily made your way through the castle, needing to see your friends.

As you entered the Undercroft, you were grateful to see Ominis sitting on the couch.

"Y/N, is that you?" He asked, standing up. Turning to face your direction, he lifted his wand, trying to sense you.

"Ominis." You exhaled. He opened his arms, clearly expecting you give him a hug. What he didn't expect was for you to hug him so tightly, almost pulling him down to the floor. He guided you over to the couch, letting you cry and sob.

SEBASTIAN
The last thing I expected to see was Y/N crying in Ominis' arms, but the sight was warming to me. I felt happy knowing that Y/N felt okay going to Ominis for comfort.

"Let me guess, you and Garreth are over?" I asked, looking down at Y/N. She continued crying. It was clear that she hadn't heard me speaking to her, but I looked at Ominis, who nodded, having sensed the same thing when Y/N started crying in his arms.

Deep down, I was happy. I was happy that Y/N's relationship with that red-headed Gryffindor was over. Whether that meant that I could somehow mend my relationship with Y/N, I didn't know. I wanted her as my girlfriend again. I wanted to show her just how much I love her, but I couldn't. Not until she was ready and/or wanted to go back to that stage. It was up to her, and I was willing to wait, no matter how long it took.