16. Now he knows

SEBASTIAN
"What is he talking about, Sebastian?" Ominis asked, confused.

"He hasn't told you guys? Huh. Looks like he hasn't changed a bit since last year." Garreth chuckled.

"Fuck off, Weasley!" I growled again, watching as he scoffed before running off.

Before Madam Kogawa made an appearance, me, Y/N, Poppy and Ominis left the Hogwarts North exit and headed inside. We stopped in the Bell Tower Wing.

"You're free to go now, Poppy. We're sorry for taking you away from your classes." I exhaled, smiling at the brunette.

"It's no worries, Sebastian. I just- I wanted Y/N to be okay." She smiled. She gave Y/N a small hug before walked off toward the Library Annex.

"Ominis, can you take Y/N to the Undercroft? She's under the effects of the Amortentia potion, curtesy of Garreth. I'm assuming I was the person on her mind when she consumed the potion, considering that's the only reason why she'd ever kiss Garreth. And that is also the exact reason why I'm not coming with you. I can't be around her while she's effected by the potion. Send me an owl when she's no longer under the influence." I explained, beginning to walk off.

"Excuse me? Get back here!" Ominis shook his head. Although he couldn't see me, I could feel the anger radiating from him.

"Levioso!" He aimed his wand at me. Within seconds, I was hovering off the ground.

"Ominis, what the hell?! Put me down!" I refrained from cursing, not wanting any professors to hear my language.

"Will you tell me what Garreth was talking about?" Ominis held Y/N closer to him, noticing his grip on her loosening. The last thing he needed was Y/N escaping his grasp in order to throw herself on me.

"What? No!" I shook my head. The last thing I needed was Ominis lecturing me on my behaviour.

"Then no, I will not put you down." Ominis scoffed.

After a good minute of me still hovering off the ground, I was starting to feel a bit sick.

"Ugh! Alright, fine! I'll tell you." I gave in, wanting my feet to be on the ground again.

"The Undercroft. Now." Ominis shook his head. I kept a safe enough distance from Y/N, watching as Ominis had to drag her along so she wouldn't try and attack me with love.

———

After 15 minutes, we got to the Undercroft. Entering the secret space, Ominis dragged Y/N over to a nearby cage that was open. He shut and locked the door, ensuring that Y/N couldn't escape or get out without our help.

"Okay. Speak." Ominis sat on the couch, facing forward. Even though he couldn't see me, it was clear that he didn't want to face me.

"I've, uh, been lying to Y/N since she came back to Hogwarts." I admitted.

"You idiot." Ominis growled.

"Look, you need to understand. I wanted a fresh start, a clean slate." I started defending myself.

"And you thought that you could do that by lying?" Ominis asked, confused.

I looked over at Y/N, who was trying to escape, but failing. I tried to ignore her actions when her hands grazed down her upper torso. When her hand slowly reached underneath her shirt, I looked away, not wanting to get distracted by the arousing actions of my girlfriend. Oh how I was glad that Ominis couldn't see what she was doing at this moment.

"Yes. Last year, everything she did, she did to help me cure Anne. She learned the unforgivable curses. She defeated Ranrok and Rookwood to protect the whole of the wizarding world!" I began.

"She fell in love with dark version of me, and in doing so, I ruined her innocence. I ruined the part of her that I loved. I ruined her pure heart. So, I thought that maybe - now that her memory is gone - I could reintroduce myself to her and this time, she'd fall in love with the lighter version of me. I wanted our friendship - and then our relationship - to be untouched by the darkness that we had both endured last year." I explained.

"I simply wanted a relationship with Y/N that wasn't created, influenced or plagued by darkness." I exhaled, looking over at Y/N, who had continued to touch herself, unaware of what I had just admitted to Ominis. I was slightly glad that once the Amortentia potion wore off, she'd have no memory of the past 24 hours, or at least, no memory of what was said or done after she consumed the potion.

"For Merlin's sake, Sebastian! There are plenty of other ways to have a relationship with her - that wasn't plagued by darkness - that don't involve lying to her! Please at least tell me that you're going to tell her the truth. With or without her memories, she deserves to know the truth." Ominis exclaimed as she shook his head.

I sat in front of him, silent. I looked at Ominis, who was clearly waiting for a response - the right response.

"Sebastian Sallow, promise me that you are going to tell Y/N the truth. As soon as Y/N is no longer under the influence of the Amortentia potion, you are going to tell her everything about last year. And yes, Sebastian, I do mean EVERYTHING." Ominis emphasised.

"FINE! I'll tell her everything, I promise." I nodded, wanting this conversation to be over.

"I'm happy to keep Y/N down here until the Amortentia potion wears off. That way, I don't have to imagine the kind of...things that you'd do to each other." Ominis rolled his eyes, gagging.

"Okay, first of all, gross. Second of all, I wouldn't do anything with her, considering she's under the influence of a love potion." I scoffed.

"Sebastian Sallow not acting on his impulses? Oh, that's a funny joke." Ominis chuckled.

"Oh fuck off, Ominis." I nudged Ominis before getting up. As I headed toward the entrance, I watched as Ominis let Y/N out of the cage, but held her back, waiting for me to leave before she'd be allowed to roam the Undercroft freely.