35. Karma

After chatting with Headmaster Black about Garreth's behaviour, Poppy realised that she needed to inform him of the undeniable evidence. By 4:30 PM, Poppy was standing in Headmaster Black's office, her hands clasped tightly together.

"What can I do for you, Ms. Sweeting?" Headmaster Black asked, curious.

"I have additional evidence against Garreth." Poppy exhaled.

"Go ahead." He nodded.

"Months ago, I was walking by the Potions classroom when I noticed someone - not Professor Sharp - standing at a cauldron. I found out that Garreth was brewing something." Poppy admitted.

"What's in the cauldron?" Her voice echoed through the room, scaring Garreth.

"Holy- For Merlin's sake, Poppy!" Garreth gasped, turning to face the girl.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to scare you!" She exhaled, not intending to chuckle.

"It's fine. Just...got distracted by my work." Garreth shook his head.

"So. What Garreth Weasley concoction has graced the halls of Hogwarts this time?" Poppy chuckled, moving toward the ginger boy.

"Nothing special." He spoke.

"When I looked into his cauldron, I recognised what he was making. I had done some studying on the wizarding worlds most rare and powerful potions. One potion I came across and did some more research on was Amortentia." Poppy spoke.

"Hold on, I'd recognise that baby-blue hue anywhere. You're making the Amortentia potion, and by the looks of it, you've done it perfectly." Poppy's gaze on the cauldron was curious. Sure, she was quite impressed that he had managed to make the worlds strongest love potion seemingly without a recipe, but she was unsure and quite curious as to why he had made it.

"It wasn't on his list of potions to brew given by Professor Sharp." Poppy exhaled.

"When he explained why he made it, I didn't question him. But, I did warn him against using it and he promised me that he wouldn't. He obviously didn't keep his promise." Poppy sighed.

"What strikes me is the fact that the Amortentia potion isn't on the list given to you by Sharp. That leads me to my question. Why?" Poppy crossed her arms, eyeing the boy, who exhaled deeply.

"Oh, I was curious and wanted to know if I could make it...and I did. Yay me." Garreth smiled.

"Well, I'm impressed, Garreth. The Amortentia potion is the world's strongest love potion and it's incredibly difficult to make. Although, it's not surprising that you made it, considering the fact that you create and make different potions all the time." Poppy admitted.

"But, be careful. As I said, the Amortentia potion is the world's strongest love potion. Even the tiniest amount could do a lot of damage. If you're planning to win someone over, or planning to get your crush to like you, I suggest that you don't use the potion." Poppy warned, watching as Garreth nodded.

"I'll keep it safe and out of the wrong hands, I promise." Garreth nodded.

"I'm glad." She smiled before turning to face the door, leaving Garreth alone in the classroom once again.

"I appreciate this information, Ms. Sweeting." Headmaster Black nodded, allowing Poppy to leave his office.

———

Y/N sat in her common room, finishing up some of her homework as Natty talked about some stupid prank that Leander must've pulled during one of his classes. Garreth sat on one of the couches on the opposite side of the common room, a book in his lap.

Natty pulled Y/N out of her studying when she noticed Professor Weasley making her way into the common room, a stern look on her face.

"Mr. Weasley." Professor Weasley cleared her throat, standing in front of her nephew. Confused, Garreth stood up from his seat.

"Headmaster Black has requested to see you. He's right outside." Professor Weasley announced, allowing her nephew to walk past her, heading through the entrance to the common room.

By now, everyone was staring at the confusing situation. Some students watched in silence, while others whispered to each other, trying to piece together what could've been happening.

Y/N ignored the situation, going back to her studies while Natty watched on.

GARRETH
There's nothing more embarrassing than having your own aunt - who was also one of your professors - call you by your last name, asking that you meet with Headmaster Black outside your common room. I could feel the stares coming from every single person in the common room, but - wanting to know why I had been summoned - I left the common room and walked down the hallway before turning left, seeing Headmaster Black waiting for me, his hands clasped together in front of him.

"Headmaster Black. You wanted to see me?" I asked, confused.

"Yes, Mr. Weasley. A claim was made against you. After a lot of thought, investigation and some evidence that has been brought to my attention, I do believe that the claim made against you is true." Headmaster Black explained.

"Claim? What claim?" My eyebrows furrowed.

"A student claimed that you had brewed the Amortentia potion and proceeded to use it." When he said those words, my heart dropped.

Sebastian. I exhaled, knowing that I wasn't going to get out of trouble.

"I have decided that the punishment most suitable for you is suspension for 1 week, removing you from the Apparition class and you're not allowed to attend the masquerade ball at the end of the year." Headmaster Black exhaled.

"That's not fair, Headmaster Black. I'm helping arrange the masquerade ball. Suspension and being taken out of the Apparition class is fair, but not allowing me to attend the 7th Year Graduation ball?" I argued.

"You're no longer arranging the ball. You'll be allowed to attend your own graduation, but your attendance at the masquerade ball will not be allowed." Headmaster Black insisted.

"There has to be some other punishment that I deserve." I continued to argue.

"Mr. Weasley, do not argue with me. What I say goes. If I say you're not allowed to attend the end of year ball, you're not attending. You should have thought about the consequences to your actions before you did something so stupid like brewing the Amortentia potion." Headmaster Black glared at me.